Multiple credentials for one mailbox

Freeaqingme

Verified User
Hi.

I want to have one mailbox with multiple usersnames&passwords. I do have admin access but am hoping not having to use that. If you could enlighten me on how to set that up, I'd be all ears :D

Tnx.

Thats not possible. Just create a forwarder if you want multiple people to get mail from the same account.

It might be possible in Linux.

Anything is possible, right? :D I am on linux, so if anybody could tell me how I'd really like to hear it (if it turns out to be in the wrong section of the forum, please move it @ mods).

Thats not possible. Just create a forwarder if you want multiple people to get mail from the same account.

I could. But those people are using IMAP, and the idea was to have them have one shared box.

You can try

1. Using a helpdesk
2. Symlinking different email boxes to one.
3. Manual editing /etc/virtual/<domains>/passwd file

Using points two and three from zEitEr's post directly above may work; it depends on whether or not imap will follow symlinks.

Remember that if you do this than anyone can send/receive/delete/forge any email using anyone's name.

If the purpose is to use as a ticket system, I'd recommend using ticket system software.

Jeff

thanks for you reply Jeff.

If the purpose is to use as a ticket system, I'd recommend using ticket system software.

The purpose isn't a ticket system. It's truly that they want to share the same mailbox.

Using points two and three from zEitEr's post directly above may work; it depends on whether or not imap will follow symlinks.

Forgive me my ignorance, but why should it be both? Why wouldn't either one be by themselves be good enough?

You're probably right; give one a try. If it doesn't work, try the other. I've not tested either.

Jeff

Domain aliases and domain pointers are symlinked with it's main domain.
And still all emails are accessible via Dovecot.

Code:
ls -l /home/username/imap/
drwxrwx--- 2 username mail 4096 Sept  9  2009 domain2.com
lrwxrwxrwx 1 username mail   12 Sept  9  2009 domain1.com -> domain2.com

Back