mysql backup

CentOS5

Verified User
I have upgraded my mysql server from ports on freebsd5.4, its all working as i removed the /var/db/mysql and linked it to /home/mysql. when a backup runs now i get the following

Stage 1 MySQL backup:MySQL could not be shutdown, aborting...

and the backup is not sent to my backup serevr, i have also removed /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysqld and linked this to the port mysql start up script but the backup is still not working, so there must be something in directadmin which stops and then starts mysql but i cant find this????????

Thanks

freebsd5

FreeBsd5 said:
I have upgraded my mysql server from ports on freebsd5.4, its all working as i removed the /var/db/mysql and linked it to /home/mysql. when a backup runs now i get the following

Stage 1 MySQL backup:MySQL could not be shutdown, aborting...

and the backup is not sent to my backup serevr, i have also removed /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysqld and linked this to the port mysql start up script but the backup is still not working, so there must be something in directadmin which stops and then starts mysql but i cant find this????????

Thanks

freebsd5

OK figured it out

if your going to use ports for freebsd you need to edit the following

/usr/local/sysbk/conf.sysbk

change the paths of mysql and the pid, and restart directadmin, then run backup and its now backs up mysql.

update 3, also make sure you edit /usr/local/directadmin/customapache/configure.php

and change --with-mysql to --with-mysql=/usr/local \

otherwise when you do a re-build or update php will fail.

Last edited:
Back