Named crashing

This message has been automatically generated notifying you that the service named is currently down

This is what I get in DA but I can’t get into the actual logs as I’m mobile today.

Really need the named log or system log or wherever you have named logs going. That will be the only one that helps pinpointing the root cause. Once you get it post the results and hopefully there will be enough info to help fix the issue

Tom do you know where I can find this in the control panel. I don’t have a laptop or PC easily accessible till Saturday as I’m out of town.

the httpd is also running high on memory. When I reboot the server it is about 600mb or so and within an hour or so it runs up to 1.2-1.4gb. I suspect a site chewing up resources having a plugin or something going wrong or something else.

idk I’m racking my head against a wall.

TRy some monitoring / audit tools.

Those that are in DA , and example such as HTOP, to find out , the logs are also important ofcourse.

I think you can do a websearch for: :p haha

This must be new (or at least I must have overlooked it for a long time), but I see on the Admin access section of DA, look in the Admin Tools section, there is a Log Viewer. There is a dropdown called Log File that allows you to select many of the system and DA log files. From there you can select the file you are interested in. You could for example, select /var/log/messages, set the number of lines to 0 (unlimited) and put named in the Grep text box, that would display all the named lines from /var/log/messages since it was last rotated.

Back