Netdata not showing in Enhanced skin.

If you don't see a button in "Complete Usage Statistics" for it - make sure you run DA 1.61.

I don't have a button in "Complete Usage Statistics" for it (only server history button) and I do run DA 1.61.
2 other things also not present in Enhanced.

I don't have a button in "Complete Usage Statistics" for it (only server history button) and I do run DA 1.61.
2 other things also not present in Enhanced.
I see the button here with 1.61. Did you scroll down a bit? This thread had nothing on “2 other things”, so it might be a good idea not to have offtopic here :)

This thread had nothing on “2 other things”, so it might be a good idea not to have offtopic here :)
That is correct, but since it's all Enhanced skin I thought I mention it here because it might be related.

Yes I scrolled down to the bottom. The only thing visible was the server history button as mentioned.
I made a screenshot for you (will automatically dissapear in 7 days). It's on our test vps.
afbeelding.png

That is correct, but since it's all Enhanced skin I thought I mention it here because it might be related.

Yes I scrolled down to the bottom. The only thing visible was the server history button as mentioned.
I made a screenshot for you (will automatically dissapear in 7 days). It's on our test vps.
afbeelding.png

If your license has support included - I'd suggest opening a ticket (if that's not a custom enhanced theme). The button should be available after "Transmitted" line, if netdata socket is available on the system.

I don't think it has support included anymore, it's a lifetime license (old style).
It's not a custom enhanced theme it's the default enhanced team which comes with Directadmin.

Just tested this on my other server, which has no problem. Button is present there, so it seems only the VPS is having this issue.
That is odd because they were setup the same way.
Any clue on where I can find this or maybe a way to reinstall the default enhanced theme?

Been looking a bit further and on my vps the netdata.conf was not downloaded but this was done on the server and has content like this:
Code:
[web]
bind to = unix:/var/run/netdata/netdata.sock
[global]
process scheduling policy = keep
OOM score = keep

On the vps it looks like this:
Code:
# netdata can generate its own config which is available at 'http://<netdata_ip>/netdata.conf'
# You can download it with command like: 'wget -O /opt/netdata/etc/netdata/netdata.conf http://localhost:19999/netdata.conf'

Also when looking at the .environment file, my server has this:
Code:
REINSTALL_OPTIONS=" --auto-update --disable-telemetry"
and the VPS both options are not present.

So I just installed on another server, which also installs fully, nothing missing.

However, all 3 were installed just by using ./build netdata on both systems, did nothing different. So why is it different on the VPS I'm just wondering with an empty file and a conf without the reinstall options?

Seems indeed on installation something went wrong before on the VPS.

FIXED!
Tried installing netdata again on the VPS and now it works fine, files are the same as on the servers and also it's persent now in Enhanced skin.

Been looking a bit further and on my vps the netdata.conf was not downloaded but this was done on the server and has content like this:
Code:
[web]
bind to = unix:/var/run/netdata/netdata.sock
[global]
process scheduling policy = keep
OOM score = keep

On the vps it looks like this:
Code:
# netdata can generate its own config which is available at 'http://<netdata_ip>/netdata.conf'
# You can download it with command like: 'wget -O /opt/netdata/etc/netdata/netdata.conf http://localhost:19999/netdata.conf'

Also when looking at the .environment file, my server has this:
Code:
REINSTALL_OPTIONS=" --auto-update --disable-telemetry"
and the VPS both options are not present.

So I just installed on another server, which also installs fully, nothing missing.

However, all 3 were installed just by using ./build netdata on both systems, did nothing different. So why is it different on the VPS I'm just wondering with an empty file and a conf without the reinstall options?

Seems indeed on installation something went wrong before on the VPS.

FIXED!
Tried installing netdata again on the VPS and now it works fine, files are the same as on the servers and also it's persent now in Enhanced skin.
Is this CentOS 8 by chance? Seeing a lot of weird install issues related to version 8 it seems.

I drop from get update from DA script and create my own script and add some mysql, named, nginx to monitor. with 1 click

Because Kickstart script so many issued when update or install on new version of netdata.
New bug I got none " plugins python.d " all monitor missing in monitor some Apache and ntpd monitor missing in chart on webbrowser

I try to get kickstart script to install normally but doesn't work any more ;( so sad
Not try on fresh install DA.
p.s. Centos 7

Is this CentOS 8 by chance? Seeing a lot of weird install issues related to version 8 it seems.
No in thise case all 3 were Centos 7 so also the VPS with the trouble. On the Centos 8 it installed fine too last night. no issues so far.
Except some disk notice emails on one server (with 7) from which Munin does not see any issues. Only had them 2 times.
I must say that the "trouble" VPS is a temp test vps, because we moved away from there, it has lot of latency issues, sometimes not reachable. Which might have also been the cause of the issue which occured after installation. Reinstall fixed it as you can see.

I'm going to uninstall this stuff.
Got netdata on 3 servers and they are running but not visible anymore, not in Enhanced and not in Evo skin. Samen on the Centos 8 server.
Don't know why this happened but I'm fed up with this now.

I'm going to uninstall this stuff.
Got netdata on 3 servers and they are running but not visible anymore, not in Enhanced and not in Evo skin. Samen on the Centos 8 server.
Don't know why this happened but I'm fed up with this now.
I think it was this bug: https://github.com/netdata/netdata/issues/8531 :) They fixed it just yesterday, so, after netdata reinstall it should work permanently. Just letting you know.

Thank you but I also got emails which were not correct about raid, so had to disable that and our admin liked it but never used it, so I won't install it again for the time being, saves a few resources again and we're running munin anyway.

Back