Netdata Server Stats

youds

Verified User
Hi

UPDATE - NEW DOWNLOAD LOCATION
- http://digitalmods.io/downloads/directadmin/system-status.tar.gz
- alternatively the zip file attached is kept up-to-date.

netdata-1.png

UPDATE
You can now download the plugin to test; see attached. It's in a zip file because the forum would not allow .tar.gz uploads. It's fully responsive and works as a widget.

Commands you must run:
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build netdata

Let me know how it goes!

UPDATE 2
Working on iOS can confirm is responsive for mobiles too.

ORIGINAL POST
So I’m going to do a plug-in for free release for netdata statistics plug-in within a widget. At present it can be enabled (see here https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2758) but this is not a widget and isn’t really integrated, at all.

I will most likely be doing this tomorrow or Monday. As far as I can see you can retrieve only limited SVG data so I’ll be creating my own charts.

So far the plan is to have:
- CPU
- RAM
- Data

With charts configurable for 1 day, month, 3 months, 6 months and a year.

If there should be any other stats say now or forever hold your peace!

Attachments

• system-status.tar.gz.zip
    130.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Thanks Brent.

So far I have a line chart setup, working plug-in, so now need to make the API calls.

No problem 👍

Here is how it looks, out of the box. I used Morris.js for the graphs and an iframe "hack" to get the data considering it was a separate request. (DirectAdmin requires a referrer header)

As you may see I have yet to implement the date feature (plus controls) - but this is pretty neat, huh?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 15.04.55.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 15.04.55.png
    200.5 KB · Views: 69
So I just released this as a first version, see original post. (or attached see this post)

There is scope to do more with this plugin, for now this is working OK as is. Basic day/week/month/year function working from data collected up till that day.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Fixed - voila!

All finished, cleaned and operational as far as I know.

Enjoy

Attachments

• system-status.tar.gz.zip
    130.9 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: sce
Here is how it looks, out of the box. I used Morris.js for the graphs and an iframe "hack" to get the data considering it was a separate request. (DirectAdmin requires a referrer header)

As you may see I have yet to implement the date feature (plus controls) - but this is pretty neat, huh?
This is lovely work youds...

Hey youds,

This is odysseas, developer advocate from Netdata. This plugin looks superb! If you want to add custom DA related data in the netdata dashboard, we could help you write a collector for DA. We primarily support Go and Python and it's super easy to develop one.

Moreover, we would love more screenshots and info, we could even share it in our social media! If you feel like, we also welcome guest authors in our blog :)

If you have any questions or I can help in any way, please do tell me. We are also running our own forums (so we don't derail this thread too much).

Hey youds,

This is odysseas, developer advocate from Netdata. This plugin looks superb! If you want to add custom DA related data in the netdata dashboard, we could help you write a collector for DA. We primarily support Go and Python and it's super easy to develop one.

Moreover, we would love more screenshots and info, we could even share it in our social media! If you feel like, we also welcome guest authors in our blog :)

If you have any questions or I can help in any way, please do tell me. We are also running our own forums (so we don't derail this thread too much).

Yeah, I wanted to make it integrated from the UI to the API for more support. It doesn't yet have that "addictive" feeling. In terms of collaboration, the only thing I would need is access to better metrics from the API.

I will post some screenshots now and yes would love to write up something on your blog - this is something I do anyway.

Going over to your forums now.

Kind regards

Strange. What theme are you using? System Status should be available from plugins menu (Extra Features) and would be same URL. Thanks.

Hey, thanks for that @youds. Great Feedback. So you are not interested to allow the user to access the native Netdata UI via the DA dashboard? If so, why is that?

P.S, we just released a new version which is kinda awesome. We offer Metric Correlations for free through Netdata cloud as also an even more advanced Prometheus collector and many more features.

Yes I think native access is available when you install netdata and would be available from admin tools. What I want from this is to have user interfaces which correlate with all the netdata metrics. Maybe make some customisations but I want to keep it simple and gradually integrate more features yes, in time.

For now just glad to have a working plug-in.

Today I've restarted the server due to something else and now i see your link under admin tools and those work fine!

So I've posted this on stackoverflow, if anybody can help? It should help speed up the speediness of the plugin and for me to know better would be good.

So far I've tried ChartJS, ChartistJS and the current working implementation. I want to use HTML5 as it would speed things up for users.

Kind regards

Back