new forum

apogee

Verified User
To be honest, your forum is horrible, each time if I post, I've to enter a captcha and I also can't edit my posts to fix spelling errors. My mother tongue is not english, so I often notice spelling errors after postings.

Greetings from Europe

bdacus01

Verified User
To be honest, your forum is horrible, each time if I post, I've to enter a captcha and I also can't edit my posts to fix spelling errors. My mother tongue is not english, so I often notice spelling errors after postings.

Greetings from Europe
I has been noted. A lot of folks have pointed it out. You cant edit until you become a Verified user.

BBM

Verified User
The issue goes away after a some time or more likely a certain number of posts.
It is indeed a kind of clumsy way of trying to deter spammers.
IMO 1 good (changing) question during registration would be more friendly for new users.

Richard G

Verified User
so I often notice spelling errors after postings.
So what? A lot of people have them, I don't mind. I almost never edit posts to change a typo or spelling errors. And I'm European and not native English either. :)
As BBM states, it will be automatically gone after a certain amount of posts.

1 good changing question is not enough, 3 would be good, but one can make them reather easy and still answerable by everybody but not by bots.
As far as I know vB can also do invisible captcha and stopforumspam or things like that. No user interaction needed with those as addition to questions.

eva2000

Verified User
Thanks, how can I become a verifyed member
+1 how do you become verified ?

The big potential issue of not being able to edit your own posts would be if you mistakenly posted sensitive server/client info on a copy and paste and submitted the post - that info is there publicly viewable without a timely way of editing it out.

Richard G

Verified User
That is a good argument. As far as I know, you already should have been verified. I don't know how it's done or if it's done automatically or manually.
Maybe send DA a mail or try asking smtalk.