nginx: [emerg] bind() to x.x.x.x:80 failed (99: Cannot assign requested address)

rezapj

Verified User
after updates my nginix cannot run for following error

nginx: [emerg] bind() to x.x.x.x:80 failed (99: Cannot assign requested address)

this x.x.x.x is not my vps ip
and when i try ./build rewrite_confs
Using x.x.x.x for your server IP
Using x.x.x.x for your server IP
Restarting nginx.
Job for nginx.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status nginx.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

where is this ip ... i want change with my vps ip maybe fixed
but its my problem now

Try changing that IP using ipswap.sh:
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/ipswap.sh x.x.x.x your_real_ip

Hi guys,
I have the same problem i tried all the above but is not working only if i disable ipv6 ( ipv6=0 i) nginx starts.

[emerg] 466782#0: bind() to [::1]:80 failed (99: Cannot assign requested address)
[emerg] 519848#0: bind() to [::1]:80 failed (99: Cannot assign requested address)
[emerg] 526090#0: bind() to [::1]:80 failed (99: Cannot assign requested address)

thank you

Hi guys,
I have the same problem i tried all the above but is not working only if i disable ipv6 ( ipv6=0 i) nginx starts.

[emerg] 466782#0: bind() to [::1]:80 failed (99: Cannot assign requested address)
[emerg] 519848#0: bind() to [::1]:80 failed (99: Cannot assign requested address)
[emerg] 526090#0: bind() to [::1]:80 failed (99: Cannot assign requested address)

thank you
I get the same error and to get nginx bak up&runing I have to edit /etc/nginx/nginx-vhosts.conf and replace

listen [::1]:80
with
listen *:80;

after that I can restart nginx, but it's an manual workaround

Question: how to fix the error permanently?

if you enable IPv6 in system - DA will try to use it in virtual hosts, so you must have UP and running this IP on ethernet interface.
If you don't have it - disable it and rewrite confs.

nano /etc/sysctl.conf

net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1
kernel.panic = 10
net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind = 1
net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6 = 1
net.ipv6.conf.lo.disable_ipv6 = 1

sysctl -p

yet, it's still the same. what else do I need to update?

Back