nginx Joomla unable to install components

Sandman1979

Verified User
i just upgraded to Direcatadmin 1.43.0, with nginx and php 5.5

I have my website running again, but when i want to upload a component i now get errors:

using the upload package way: "There was an error uploading this file to the server."
when using the install from directory way, i get a 502 error.

Any idea how to proceed in solving this?

Your issue as it seems relates to PHP-FPM. You need to check NGINX access and error logs for more details and clues.

I could not see anything about this in the logs. I specifically tried to upload a compinent again, resulting in the same error, but di not see anything in the logs.

Also tried econverting to apache, and did have the same issue there...

502 error would mean that NGINX did not get respond from PHP-FPM within allowed time. So check NGINX logs again. If they show nothing, then you should enable debug level in NGINX and check the logs once more.

And did you check nginx logs for the virtual host which is under the question?

They locate in

Code:
access_log /var/log/nginx/domains/domain.com.log;
access_log /var/log/nginx/domains/domain.com.bytes bytes;
error_log /var/log/nginx/domains/domain.com.error.log;

So check them.

this is what i saw:

Code:
2013/05/17 08:54:06 [error] 18852#0: *34 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Notice:  Undefined property: JUpdaterExtension::$currentUpdate in /home/wwwsand/domains/thefastforum.be/public_html/libraries/joomla/updater/adapters/extension.php on line 97
PHP message: PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/wwwsand/domains/thefastforum.be/public_html/libraries/joomla/updater/adapters/extension.php on line 97
PHP message: PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/wwwsand/domains/thefastforum.be/public_html/libraries/joomla/updater/adapters/extension.php on line 97
PHP message: PHP Notice:  Undefined property: JUpdaterExtension::$currentUpdate in /home/wwwsand/domains/thefastforum.be/public_html/libraries/joomla/updater/adapters/extension.php on line 97

ok, this is also st not nice, but apparently has st to do with the update proces in joomla 3.1.1, but i still get a 502 error when trying to install a component, did it again just a few moments ago, got a 502 , but could not see anything in the logs about it. maybe i missed it, but this is strange.

Back