No option to perform system update in Ubuntu Linux Distro from DirectAdmin GUI?

Sharif

Verified User
No option to perform system update in Ubuntu Linux Distro from DirectAdmin GUI admin?

I know there is an option in the terminal that I use.

In the terminal, you just have to use the following command:

Code:
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade -y

No option to perform system update in Ubuntu Linux Distro from DirectAdmin GUI admin?

I know there is an option in the terminal that I use.

In the terminal, you just have to use the following command:

Code:
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade -y
DirectAdmin can not update your OS. It can only update itself and the software it installed with custombuilds.

So what's the problem executing those commands in SSH? Two minutes of your time.

I just do not understand people's mentality sometimes.

So what's the problem executing those commands in SSH? Two minutes of your time.

I just do not understand people's mentality sometimes.
You do not have to be offensive, it was just a question, as I used to have this option on alternatives to direct admin like Plesk, and cPanel/WHM it has this option to auto update the Linux distro, so I was just checking as recently switched.
Correct.

You have to do it the ssh way.
I usually do, but I was thinking that might have an option to do it automatic updates like other alternatives to DirectAdmin.

DirectAdmin can not update your OS. It can only update itself and the software it installed with custombuilds.
Thanks, yes I figure that out.

Next time I buy a car, I'll demand it to cook for me too!

Going off-topic for a second. Had a client open a ticket the other day to ask if I could help with an htaccess rule - being a kind soul, I helped, but it isn't a technical issue/problem. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Next time I buy a car, I'll demand it to cook for me too!

Going off-topic for a second. Had a client open a ticket the other day to ask if I could help with an htaccess rule - being a kind soul, I helped, but it isn't a technical issue/problem. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
For curtsy, and your kindness you did help the client.(y)

And for the car it's totally different thing, for features that exists in competitors, or maybe you didn't try Plesk, and cPanel/WHM to know.

And for the car again, not all cars is like Tesla cars of course, so if you get a low budget car, it might or might not have the features you were having when you're having Tesla.

Got your point, but it's a simple question I was asking, maybe I find a cron job to make the updates to make server up to date.

In some panels the OS update packages are contolled to be only the ones that fit the panel. So it is not necessarily a good idea to just update with an SSH command, but better to have a routine that does aforementioned checks. Just a little hint/thought ;)

Back