Odd problem with base user account

lukeski

Verified User
I am expiriencing an odd problem with base user accounts (the email accounts of the User that is stored in /var/mail).

If I setup a domain, like domain1.com and the username on that domain is domain1. If I email [email protected] it actually goes to the admin email box.

I have check in /var/mail and there is a file for domain1, but mail never gets in there it always goes to admin. The same thing is true for all do domains I have on the server. I can pop3 login and check domain1's email, but it is always empty and the messages are arriving through the admin account.

Any ideas?

TIA

Hello,

Sounds like you've got your hostname setup as a domain in DA.

You need to make sure that your hostname (server.domain.com) is not created as a regular domain in DA (User Panel). If you do, then all system emails will end up in the catch-all for that domain.

Fix: either change the hostname, or remove it from the User Panel in DA and reset the hostname in Admin Panel -> Admin settings (change it and then change it back)

John

Yep, you were absolutly correct. Changing the hostname fixed it. Thanks for you help.

Back