Ok to delete customapache files

philmcdonnell

Verified User
Hello All,

After downloading and building all custom apache/php/etc, can I delete all the extra files/directories inside of customapache?

Thanks,
Phil

Hey,

While you probably could I wouldn't recommend it.

I generally do a " ./build clean " and then only delete the old tar files that are no longer used.

This way, when you come back later you will have a good idea as to what is built on that server just by looking in that directory.

Then, by doing a " ./build update " you will be able to see what can be updated.

David

Thanks,

That is a good idea to keep latest .tar files so I know what is installed. Since you said I can delete the old .tar files except for the recent one, can I delete the folders that these .tar files created as well?

I assume I can delete from here because they are installed already.

Last question, can I delete the old installs of squirrel mail in the /var/www/html/ folder?

Thanks,
Phil

philmcdonnell said:

Since you said I can delete the old .tar files except for the recent one, can I delete the folders that these .tar files created as well?

Last question, can I delete the old installs of squirrel mail in the /var/www/html/ folder?

When you do a " ./build clean " that will remove the directories that were created from the tar files.

Yes, you should be able to remove the old Squirrelmail directories without any problems.

David

Back