Open short tags error in DirectAdmin

mkniskanen

Verified User
I have updated my PHP to only allow standard open tags which will be the future standard from 5.3 on. It broke, of course, some of my own applications but they were quickly repaired after some embarrasment :)

However, right hand part of the DirectAdmin "Email management" screen now looks like this in the browser:

SPAM Filters
Webmail: Squirrelmail
\n"; } } ?> Webmail: UebiMiau
\n"; } } ?> Webmail: Roundcube
\n"; } } ?> Webmail: Atmail
\n"; } } ?>

From the source code I can see that there is an open short tag (<? )instead of the correct one (<?php ) and the web server (correctly) refuses to use the PHP interpreter here. I tried to locate the file which was probably at
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/default/user/email/email.html
and another one in
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/power_user/user/email/email.html
but changing <? to <?php did not change anything. The php code is still output to the browser as such.

So where is that open short tag hiding? These short open tags should have been dropped out of use years ago.

Markku

Last edited:
Okay, the support kindly located the file containing the offending short tags and it is at

/usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/enhanced/user/show_domain.html

Replacing all occurrences of "<?" with "<?php" corrected the behaviour. This will be officially corrected in version 1.34.0.

Markku

What is wrong with using short tags. It should be enabled by default in your php.ini file. There would be no reason anyone would not want to use them.

Back