Paste SSL certificate

Indominus

Verified User
Hello,

I’m nearing completion of my plugin that uses the DirectAdmin API and Namecheap API to order and install SSL certificates. However, I have a question regarding the DirectAdmin API.

Why is it necessary to always include the disable_letsencrypt_autorenew parameter when pasting non-Let's Encrypt (or other ACME) certificates? Even though these certificates aren’t from Let's Encrypt, it seems that auto-renewal for Let's Encrypt is still enabled by default for these domains when using the 'paste/save' action.

Notification when not sending the variable:

[text] => Certificate and Key Saved.
[details] => <b>Note: the previous Let's Encrypt config is still set to renew in 335 days.</b><br>
If you do not wish to overwrite the current certificate, please disable the auto-renewal je<br>
<form action='CMD_SSL' method='POST'><input type='hidden' name='domain' value='domain.nl'><input type=submit name='disable_letsencrypt_autorenew' value="Disable Auto-Renew"></form><br>

[show_disable_letsencrypt_autorenew] => yes

I’m now using 'disable_letsencrypt_autorenew=yes', and that resolves the issue; for those who might run into the same. However, I’m curious as to why this is necessary. Additionally, is there any more comprehensive API documentation available? Relying on the changelog for information has been a frustrating experience.. how am I supposed to know what else might be required now or in the future and why do I need to look up multiple options to just come to one api call?

fyi: I have read https://docs.directadmin.com/change...en-they-overwrite-with-a-pasted-cert-key-pair

'domain' => $domain,
'action' => 'save',
'type' => 'paste',
'certificate' => $certificate,
'disable_letsencrypt_autorenew' => 'yes',
'user' => $user_associated,

Last edited:
I have no idea, but i guess because otherwise it will push letsencrypt, because it runs automaticly i think.

Back