People uploading files,but DA not updating it on the monitor of how much space used..

cdedicated

Verified User
People uploading files,but DA not updating it on the monitor of how much space used..

They able upload gigas....

for exmple one of the customers got 200 mb used ,but it tells only 2mb used.

and i try now upload 30mb into my main account cdedicated.com but DA tells that only 14mb used :=\

As well in the users list i see the b/w limited like it should be ,but when i click on the user ,it tells me b.w unlimited
in the first table:
10.017 / unlimited

what to do?
please help me?

Last edited:
That all sounds fine. DA will only update the account total when the tallyer runs (midnightish), and the "unlimited" just means that of that users' bandwidth the specific domain has no cap.

l0rdphi1 said:
That all sounds fine. DA will only update the account total when the tallyer runs (midnightish), and the "unlimited" just means that of that users' bandwidth the specific domain has no cap.

midnightish -whats that?

So this unlimited is ok? the customers is limited?

cdedicated said:
midnightish -whats that?
Yes, around 1:20 or something DA runs a script that totals each users' tallies. User totals are only updated at that time.

cdedicated said:
So this unlimited is ok? the customers is limited?
Notice it only says unlimited on the users' domain. For the account as a whole, it shows a limit.

Now another issue ,Customer can't get emails i sent him emails and his pop3 account get nothing , how to fix that?
As well he cant send emails it tells him SMTP wrong pass ,i checked few times and tried recreat the account ,same thing ,he cant get emails and cant send from smtp.
So he use SMTP server of his ISP but thats ok ,the bad thing is he cant get emails...

Just tried to send my self email to my email [email protected] ,i cant get emails as welll.. so all my custmers has this issue :=\

some idea?

Last edited:
Re: People uploading files,but DA not updating it on the monitor of how much space used..

cdedicated said:

They able upload gigas....

for exmple one of the customers got 200 mb used ,but it tells only 2mb used.

and i try now upload 30mb into my main account cdedicated.com but DA tells that only 14mb used :=\

As well in the users list i see the b/w limited like it should be ,but when i click on the user ,it tells me b.w unlimited
in the first table:
10.017 / unlimited

what to do?
please help me?

As was mentioned, this is normal. The shown quotas get updated every 24 hours although this cronjob can be chnaged.

to update it at any time run:

echo "action=tally&value=all" >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

from shell.

Re: Re: People uploading files,but DA not updating it on the monitor of how much space used..

ProWebUK said:
As was mentioned, this is normal. The shown quotas get updated every 24 hours although this cronjob can be chnaged.

to update it at any time run:

from shell.

i pressed

in root ,and nothing updated...same problem....

As well what about the emails issue?

cdedicated said:
Now another issue ,Customer can't get emails i sent him emails and his pop3 account get nothing , how to fix that?
As well he cant send emails it tells him SMTP wrong pass ,i checked few times and tried recreat the account ,same thing ,he cant get emails and cant send from smtp.
So he use SMTP server of his ISP but thats ok ,the bad thing is he cant get emails...

Just tried to send my self email to my email [email protected] ,i cant get emails as welll.. so all my custmers has this issue :=\

some idea?

Check your mail server is running correctly, check the file in /var/spool/mail for your email account to see if the email has been recieved.

also send an email then immediatly after run:

tail /var/log/maillog

You should see 3/4 lines for that email and a stat - sent somewhere along the lines ;)

If the maillog doesnt update when you send mail the problem is your side.

####

regarding the cant download messages it appears you may have incorrectly setup your client, if your using outlook do the following and see if this works:

> tools
> accounts
(select your account)
> click properties
> select the 'servers' tab
> tick the box that says 'my server requires authentication'

the setiings should be ok - if you want to check just click settings and ensure its set to use the same details as the actual account.

Chris

Hamzz all the sttings in outlook is fine ,and no one of the customers able to get emails.

it cheking the accounts without any errors ,but we get nothing.

Mark ,have you got my last email?

Last edited:
cdedicated said:
it cheking the accounts without any errors ,but we get nothing.

Again, check there is actually mail in /var/spool/mail files and check mail is going through / coming through ok by tail'ing /var/log/maillog as you send mail.

If you get any errors in your client please also state them.

Chris

ProWebUK said:
Again, check there is actually mail in /var/spool/mail files and check mail is going through / coming through ok by tail'ing /var/log/maillog as you send mail.

If you get any errors in your client please also state them.

Chris

my friend wil try now to do it...

2)I have sent email to support DA ,can you please ask Mark to check if he got my last email ,please?

Last edited:
My friend which is linux user told me that he cant see any email recieved when he done the test you ask to do.

If theres nothing there at all the problem is located elsewhere.....

If it hits your server, it will be put in the log file, therefore the problem could be anywhere between the user sending it and it getting to your server.... if you want email me ([email protected]) your server login information I will do some checks to try and find out where the problems are occuring and if the problems are actually your server or elsewhere.

Have you tried sending from somewhere like hotmail to your server and checked if that works also?

Chris

ProWebUK said:
If theres nothing there at all the problem is located elsewhere.....

If it hits your server, it will be put in the log file, therefore the problem could be anywhere between the user sending it and it getting to your server.... if you want email me ([email protected]) your server login information I will do some checks to try and find out where the problems are occuring and if the problems are actually your server or elsewhere.

Have you tried sending from somewhere like hotmail to your server and checked if that works also?

Chris

Yes i tried send from other accounts ,same issue .... i will send you now the access into to my server

ADDED:
Ok i sent you the email....

Last edited:
Hello,

Just an update. When the emails were restored from a backup, they were owned by root, hence couldn't be written.

John

You mean the user backup or a root backup kit? I take it the backups the user can create using DA will have the correct permissions right?

Back