PHP 5.4 for CB1.2 vs CB2.0

LawsHosting

Verified User
Am I correct in saying if we were to upgrade to 5.4 in CB1.2, the current configure/ap2/configure.php5 is okay?
Reason I ask, CB2.0 has a configure/ap2/configure.php54 with different contents

Last edited:
Yes, that file is the one that is used for PHP configuration. CB 2.0 has new features (like mysqlnd, xsl, soap), so the configure.php54 file is different.

After trying to find why I was getting blank php output, it seems as though the php.ini isn't getting copied:

options.conf has
php_ini_type=recommended

so it tries to copy php.ini-recommended

but php.ini-recommended doesn't exist, only
-rw-r--r-- 1 diradmin libuuid 69606 2013-06-05 15:29 php.ini-development
-rw-r--r-- 1 diradmin libuuid 69627 2013-06-05 15:29 php.ini-production
and when I change

php_ini_type=recommended

to

php_ini_type=production

and do

./build php-ini, it gives

Wrong php_ini_type set in options.conf.

In the end I had to manually copy php.ini-production to the directory....

Am I doing something wrong?

Note: Had to install 5.3 in the end, as some of my (personal) sites scripts hated 5.4.x.

Bump....

what does the

php_ini_type=recommended

do exactly?

Does it look for php.ini-
recommended in the tar file?

Are you running CB 2 or CB 1.2? If you are running CB 2 then "php_ini_type=recommended" does not exist anymore, it is only production and development that exist in CB 2.

Other then that I don't have any answers for you. I have not seen the problem myself. I use CB 2.

Yes, it does look for php.ini-recommended. It might be considered a bug of CB 1.1/1.2, because PHP changed their filenames of php.ini files. However, CB 1.1/1.2 supports PHP 4.4/5.2, so we would need another option for the a different filename. That is fixed in CB 2.0, because it supports PHP 5.3, 5.4 and 5.5 only, so it could have production or development as values of ​php_ini_type.

Back