PHP 7.4 not listed New Install DirectAdmin

matthew01

Verified User
Hi

I have just installed DirectAdmin on a CentOS 7 VPS server and I noticed PHP 7.4 isn't installed the latest is only PHP 7.3

How do I go about installing PHP 7.4

Matthew

Hey Matthew,

Please install Custombuild 2.0.
This will make it easy to install PHP 7.4 and more.

Hey Matthew,

Please install Custombuild 2.0.
This will make it easy to install PHP 7.4 and more.
I have checked and I already have CustomBuild 2.0
CustomBuild
2.0.0 (rev: 2491)

Still can't see how I get PHP 7.4 I have installed the plugin using that link but can't see any change

This doc may help more

Thanks Brent I will have a look

why can't DirectAdmin have this CustomBuild 2.0 plugin inbuilt on new installs and why its so hard to get PHP 7.4 when ever other Control Panel its a click on a button.

This is what i have done by following the link Brent provided

I ran these commands

cd /usr/local/directadmin
wget -O custombuild.tar.gz http://files.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/2.0/custombuild.tar.gz
tar xvzf custombuild.tar.gz
cd custombuild
./build

You need to run this command for the first time:
Code:
./build all d

What am I doing wrong as I can't get see how to install PHP 7.4

Last edited:
@matthew01 if you want me to help, please sent me an private message.
I can install PHP 7.4 for you (by Teamviewer / if you give me the login details)

If you got ericosman to help let us know you are all good? Otherwise, I can continue to help you.
whenever other Control Panel its a click on a button.
This is a bit of a loaded question. Keep in mind I don't know much about your background. The simple answer is it wasn't originally designed to be for Non-Admins. Not for Business people. Not for Users. It was designed to be very Minimalistic and for Web hosts. In general, it still is this way.

In general, the product works well once you get it the way you want it. It's very stable. Like most applications, it has a learning curve. With DA the curve is much higher if you are not a unix type admin, or just businessman. The other thing that hampers this learning curve is there is not a centrally maintained documentation system.

All of these are known issues and they are working on them.

Before you install from scratch, you can install Custombuild and manually edit the options.conf to your liking, do this
Code:
echo "2.0" > /root/.custombuild
Then run the setup script......

NB. This is considered for people who know unix/bash/admin servers.

Back