php-xmlrpc issue!

Kane Hart

Verified User
php-xmlrpc issue!

I need php-xmlrpc installed I use centos 5.2 I did try yum install php-xmlrpc but no luck and also enabled it in the php.ini with no luck.

Someone said to me id have to re compile some custom Apache and I got lost.

if anyone help and maybe a few steps that would be great.

Thanks,
Kane

Don't tell me to google it lol typed in php-xmlrpc directadmin and this is the first result LOL :(

I did try yum install php-xmlrpc

That is not going to work because php-* rpms will require the rpm based apache and rpm based php and DA does not use these. In fact php* should be in the exclude line in your yum.conf file so that yum will not even try to install anything php.

You will have to recompile php with xmlrpc support so search that in google and do not search it with directadmin because it is not a directadmin related issue. Its a php issue and you just want to be able to compile it from source rather than use a rpm. maybe search 'install xmprpc from source' or something like that.

I needed this recently and after "googling it" I found all I had to do was include

Code:
--with-xmlrpc

in the configure.php file and rebuild php.

"googling it" does work.

Could someone give me a link?

Hi!

I need to activate xml-rpc and soap...
So, what is the complete compile string to activate xml-rpc (and soap)? Or, please give ma a link...

I run ubuntu 8, PHP 5 and Apache 2.0...

Thank you!

Mike

where is the configure.php file located?

I'm newbi to this, so I need more info on how to recompile php... I cannot locate the configure.php file... I know so much that I need to add "--with-xmlrpc" when compiling php. The problem is that I don't know what more than just "--with-xmlrpc" to execute... What are the commands (I mean all the commands) I need to execute to compile php? I have googled for months and still all answers imply that I know much more about this than I do know. My web host do not dare doing it because I got directadmin installed and therefore forwards me to this forum. What can I do... I'd need step to step instructions in order to pull this one off. Please, can someone help me to do this? :(

Back