phpMyAdmin + Mac = Incompatibility Bug

loopforever

Verified User
Hi guys,

I had a client complaining of his Mac not being able to make use of phpMyAdmin properly. So, since I have a PowerBook myself, I thought I'd check it out.

The bug affects both Safari and Internet Explorer on Mac OS X. For some reason, :80:80 is appended to the end of all the URLs and the browsers cannot interpret it. Internet explorer errors, safari tries to ignore it.

Just thought I'd let you guys know, so you can possibly package a fresh(er) version of phpMyAdmin, that will possibly resolve the issue.

Ok, I'll see about including 2.5.3... do you know if this solves the problem? I couldn't find anything about this issue... Also, does it make any difference if you are accessing phpMyAdmin directly through apache (just typing in /phpMyAdmin).. or if you are accessing it through DirectAdmin via the provided link (wondering if its getting confused from leaving 2222 for 80).

John

I was going to upgrade to 2.5.3, but I haven't just yet. I figured it was best to let you know about this first, since it's a system-wide bug, and any/all Mac users will be affected by it.

Accessing it via the aliases (/phpmyadmin or /phpMyAdmin) as well as the link in the control panel result in the same :80:80 error.

Hope this helps :)!

What exactly are the symtoms of this bug? I am on a mac (both browsers) and I can login to phpmyadmin ok, but I get to see all the databases on the server!!:eek: including other hosting customers! and I don't seem to have the tabs that I am used to, that allow access to phpadmin functions.. so in reality I can log in ok, get to see to much, but can't do anything useful!

I have used PHPmyadmin fine before with no issues on the mac (running 2.5.1-rc1)

Are these the issues you are on about and if so when can we update...these are showstoppers for me!!

thx

Hello,

I get to see all the databases on the server
This is because the default for mysql 4 is to use the table structure of mysql 3.. which is odd... our next update will update all tables to mysql 4 which will only show you your databases.

The mac issue seems to be caused by the recommended url path set in the config file. Seems as though the defaults might not be good enough.. so we'll change it to something that works, hopefully for the next release.

John

Thanks John, I appreciate your help.

Any idea when this next release will be?

thx

Last edited:
According to the release notes, this should have been fixed with yesterday's update.

Jeff

You are right - It is all working now!

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the quick response, nice work guys!

thx:D

Back