Possible server configuration

brentpresley

Long time client, but just registered due to the cPanel pricing fiasco.

We've been testing out a DA server with the following configuration, and it is doing well, but were wondering if it is possible to add NGINX to this configuration (per this guide: https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=556):

CentOS 7 64-bit
DirectAdmin with Evolution Skin
CloudLinux - CageFS, PHP Selector, NodeJS selector, and mod_lsapi enabled (MySQL Governor off)
CSF with BruteForce integration with DirectAdmin setup

We run a lot of bare metal servers with NGINX and love the performance of it, and would like to enable it with DirectAdmin if possible.

You input is greatly appreciated.

If you'd like to run standalone nginx with the combination of listed things - it's not going to work, as "PHP Selector" doesn't work with PHP-FPM (lsphp/mod_lsapi wouldn't work with nginx). So, my suggestion would be LiteSpeed, if you're looking for full compatiblity with CloudLinux tools.

Is it possible to have cloudlinux + nginx without PHP selector?

One more question. Can i have the multupe php feature of custombuild with cloudlinux , correct?

Last edited:
I tried the mentioned installation on a new server and in cloudlinux installation i am getting this :

You cannot install Apache, because you do not have it set in options.conf file.

I guess they're trying to build apache for you with some of their components. Easiest solution would be to set webserver=apache in options.conf and change it back to nginx after installation. Alternatively - you may just open a ticket at CloudLinux so that they could change their installation script.

i think that this would lead to the situation that nginx will be replaced by apache, and then i have to reinstall it.
I guess the best option is to open a ticket to cloudlinux

i think that this would lead to the situation that nginx will be replaced by apache, and then i have to reinstall it.
I guess the best option is to open a ticket to cloudlinux
I have never seen it changing webserver option after installation.

Back