[Pre Announcement] VirusBlocker coming soon

Should VirusBlocker have an "Exclude Domains" list or an "Include Domains" list ?

• Exclude

Votes: 33 78.6%
  • Include

Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters
No news is good news :p .

I was out sick for an entire week. We still managed to take care of our current customers and their emergencies, but I got behind on new system setups and audits.

I got way behind on reading these forums; this is my first visit in over a week.

And we also got behind in closing a contract to buy a small hosting company in Northern California.

So now I'm trying to catch up.

I will, but give me some time.

Thanks!

Jeff

Hi,

I just spoke to Jeff and this project has not been abondoned. Both Jeff and I have been busy lately so some projects were shelved for a period of time but both of us realize the importance of VirusBlocker. It should be out soon.

regards,

I don't understand what the virusblocker is made for.

As serveradmin, you have to stop virus propagation, and some antivirus like clamav are very good, and run well.

If somebody can explain why a virusblocker is needed, thanx in advance.

Could be wrong, please correct me if I am wrong, but Virusblocker like spamblocker maybe a plugin to help manage your anti-virus solution, such as clam-av. Making it simple to administrate your servers.

welch said:
Could be wrong, please correct me if I am wrong, but Virusblocker like spamblocker maybe a plugin to help manage your anti-virus solution, such as clam-av. Making it simple to administrate your servers.

what more ? didn't understand.

virus blocker is intended to scan the emails recieved by the servers and remove the potential attached viruses...

netswitch said:
virus blocker is intended to scan the emails recieved by the servers and remove the potential attached viruses...

ok, i have a real antivirus - clamav with auto update.
thxs

Since we can't have Virusblocker yet can we have some details about the package? I think this will answer many people's questions.

Keefe

I have a few questions

1. how is this better then say clamav
2. will this part of DA or a plugin
3. will there be an extra charge for this ?

- please advise

keefe007 said:
Since we can't have Virusblocker yet can we have some details about the package? I think this will answer many people's questions.

Keefe

I'll have to talk to Jeff again :) He's been very busy but it's important to get Virusblocker out. The SpamBlocker plugin will be updated to support Virusblocker at no charge for existing customers :)

Virusblocker will use ClamAV as far as I know but Jeff would be the person to ask.

Regards,

welch said:

Virusblocker, like Spamblocker are NOT plugins, they are part of the exim.conf that is distributed free of charge with DirectAdmin.

There is a Spamblocker plugin to make administering the Spamblocker features of exim.conf easier and the Virusblocker options will be included in this plugin.

Regards,

I've had a lot of business issues that have kept me extremely busy but VirusBlocker is again on the top burner. I've just printed out this thread and I'll study it tonight and tomorrow, and try to finish VirusBlocker over the weekend.

Jeff

Let them enable. Then you can charge some extra fees if not a mandatory feature for selling package.

Back