Production Ready?

kevinb

Verified User
Welcome to 2020 :) It's time to start planning the end of Centos 6 in November and instead of migrating servers to Centos 7 I wanted to go straight to Centos 8.

Has DirectAdmin moved out of Beta for Centos 8?

What issues are people running up against?

Appreciate any feedback.

I expect to start testing this month and migrations in April and May.

Thanks,

Kevin

Your timeline sounds good with April/May. I can imagine a lot of others will be doing the same over the next few months.

When I was following the addition of CentOS8 the https://directadmin.com/install.php page would say something like "Beta" or "Pre-Release" as far as forum posts indicate, so I do not think it is still in beta. But as with everything, the extra couple of months might be good to see if anything comes up.

I have been running a box for maybe a month or so with absolutely no issues.

From an inexperienced user, the hardest part was getting CentOS 8 installed first (since their boot ISO had issues with the mirrors not being included for whatever reason). After that, I think DA installed just fine. My only hiccup was that I needed to add the epel release repo to get a couple packages for SpamAssassin: yum install epel-release

I want to move my servers from cPanel to DA, should i go with centos 8 for production or stay with centos 7 for the moment ?

I want to move my servers from cPanel to DA, should i go with centos 8 for production or stay with centos 7 for the moment ?
if you plan long time usage and your server so many customization, Should use Centos 8

Because you can't upgrade from centos 7 to centos 8 without reinstall OS

I know i can't upgrade without reinstall, but i wanted to know if there are problems with DA on centos 8.

I know i can't upgrade without reinstall, but i wanted to know if there are problems with DA on centos 8.
In now, No problem at all.
One problem, you need to install IPTABLES and remove NFTABLES ( if exists ) to use csf firewall

Been running 8 for a while now. No major issues. I wouldn't install 7 at this point.

I installed DA on 3 servers and right now i install another. The only problem i have is with File Manager "Grid Icons" don't work.

Back