Proftpd

massive

Verified User
When i add a user from direct admin
then i can't login into this account that i've just created. Iam trying with username "[email protected]"
I checked the proftpd.passwd file and the user
exists.

Any help?

Last edited:
For example my user msv under domain msv.com
apears like this :

[email protected]:$1$YS6vW1vL$Wv6w9YLwRWssaAHz1LHnN.:500:500:domain:/home/admin/domains/cityelement.com:/bin/false

Direct Admin user account works properly

Let's take a step back and clear this up. What are you having trouble logging into, ftp or DirectAdmin?

Here's what I would try.

Make sure ftp is working for other accounts.
Delete the ftp account then recreate it. Determine if it's linked to this user account or domain (i.e. it's working fine for other users)

I've done that already. What makes me wonder is that when i create a new domain in directadmin its main ftp account is working properly. When i add a second user in each domain ftp account doesn't exist.

massive said:
For example my user msv under domain msv.com
apears like this :

[email protected]:$1$YS6vW1vL$Wv6w9YLwRWssaAHz1LHnN.:500:500:domain:/home/admin/domains/cityelement.com:/bin/false

Direct Admin user account works properly
In what file do you find this?

How do you try logging in to this account? What do you use as the login name?

Are you sure you've got the right password? What specific error are you getting?

Jeff

I found it in proftpd.passwd.
I am trying to login with the following template : [email protected]. I've tested with various accounts and i am sure i am using the correct password.

The error that i am gettng is the following :
331 Password required for [email protected]
Password:
530 Login incorrect.
ftp: Login failed.
ftp>

I checked the /var/log/messages file and i saw the error that was created :
Mar 29 00:44:27 www proftpd[31446]: domain.com (************[***********]) - no such user '[email protected]'

The strange is that the /etc/proftp.passwd
has the line with the user that can't login.

Off topic:

We had clients who tried to use ftp user accounts (syntax [email protected]) on a web browser (MS Internet Explorer i think), i believe the '@' gives a problem in the browser.

There should be a feature in DA for adding ftp user accounts without the '@' character ...

Greetz,

Franky

Same problem here with one user account. I just tried to add a second ftp account, but when i create the new account it says the user blaat has been created, but it has not the [email protected] syntax. Only blaat is added under that useraccount.
Any thoughts on this issue ?

Back