Question about DA update

staff_nowa

Verified User
Hello, guys I have question.

It possible to update DA 1.46.2 (Custom build 1.2.41) to the latest DA 1.53.0 without any troubles with configuration?

In this server we use CentOS 6.5

Last edited:
Hello,

Much things changed since 1.46.2, but Custombuild 1.2.x is not deprecated as of yet, as far as I know. So it should not bring you troubles with a configuration, as new templates for virtual hosts are the only ones which could do it. They contain IF-ELSE-conditions which allow them to work even with custombuild 1.2.x, anyway

1. copy /usr/local/directadmin/update.tar.gz to a safe place if it still contains DA 1.46.2.
copy /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/ to a safe place

for the case if you want to roll back.

Hello,

Much things changed since 1.46.2, but Custombuild 1.2.x is not deprecated as of yet, as far as I know. So it should not bring you troubles with a configuration, as new templates for virtual hosts are the only ones which could do it. They contain IF-ELSE-conditions which allow them to work even with custombuild 1.2.x, anyway

1. copy /usr/local/directadmin/update.tar.gz to a safe place if it still contains DA 1.46.2.
copy /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/ to a safe place

for the case if you want to roll back.

Thank you for the full explanation and help. I will try to update DA and leave feedback after that.

If I want to change the version of custom build 2, there may be more problems?

1. Make old backup of scripts.
2. Configure Custom build version 2 options.conf file according Custom build version 1.2 configuration file which not match to the newest options.conf version.
3. Try to build with custom build version 2.
4. If will be a lot of trouble return to custom build version 1. After that try to find where is a troubles and so on.

Custombuild 2 does not support Apache 2.2 which is supported by Custombuild 1.x. So you will have to re-install Apache/PHP and your server might be down for this time.

You will need probably to fix permissions, as custombuild makes PHP scripts to run in behalf of their respective owners, no more scripts running under apache user.

Custombuild builds PHP without mysql, it uses mysqli, pdo, mysqlnd instead. Are your scripts sensitive to it? I've faced an issue with it only once a couple of years ago.

More details you can find in Custombuild 2 subforum, it has a full list of changes.

At this moment system running with this versions of software. About scripts sensitive I will need to check which projects have in DA server.

Apache 2.2.31
DirectAdmin 1.46.2
Exim 4.76
MySQL 5.5.31
Named 9.8.2rc1
ProFTPd 1.3.4b
sshd
dovecot 2.2.12
Php 5.5.30

Back