Question about Welcome Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhbkweb

Verified User
Hello,

When i create a new Reseller account there is the option to edit the Welcome Email.

My question is:
If i edit the reseller welcome email, will all the future welcome emails sent under that Reselelr account use the edited welcome email? or do i have to edit the welcome email every time i add a new user?

Thanks

My question is:
If i edit the reseller welcome email, will all the future welcome emails sent under that Reselelr account use the edited welcome email? or do i have to edit the welcome email every time i add a new user?

No you don't have to. It will remember the settings and send it out everytime you create a new user/site.

Keep in mind that there is also a option to 'resend' the account details. This is more or less the same than the 'standard' welcome mail. However you need to change that also one time.

You can find the file also (from reseller to (end-)user) in /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/<resellername>/u_welcome.txt.
From Administrator to Reseller it will be in /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/r_welcome.txt.

Last edited:
Hello HighFly,

Thanks for the help.

So i will replace the admin and reseller welcome email with the "new" one.

And regarding user welcome email, do i have to change it as well? Or the user welcome email will use the reseller welcome email template?

@HighFly,

Are you sure you have to change both? I've always thought that they used the same file. And I just tested, and they appear to use the same file.

Jeff

When an admin creates a reseller /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/r_welcome.txt is used.

When a reseller creates a user /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/<resellername>/u_welcome.txt is used.

Each reseller can have their own custom welcome email sent to each user.

And what about user email, is it the same as the reseller email?

I am sorry but I don't understand the problem. r_welcome.txt is definitely different than u_welcome.txt.

We have been telling about the difference between reseller and user welcome email. Why are you still asking if they are different?

Hello,

I have already change / replace the welcome emails with the new ones.

But now the problem is that the email subject still ocntinues in English language.

So how / where can i edit the default title of the welcome emails?

Thanks

The same form in the DA control panel allows you to change the subject as well.

The same form in the DA control panel allows you to change the subject as well.

Hello,

I know, but im trying to change the default defined in the direcadmin, in order that all new resellers and users can have the title of the emails automatic translated.

If i could also change the title it would be more easy in the future because i know that when creatinga news user the title already goes translated.

So does anyone know where i can change the welcome email default title?

Thanks

When you edit using the form I indicated above you are changing the default.

When you edit using the form I indicated above you are changing the default.

I have already replaced the 2 files. But in the email files im not ablle to set the title. It has to somewhere else.

Does anyone knows where is the place / file where is located the language string for the welcome emails?

Thanks

Again if you use the form in DA and not the raw files its much easier to deal with. Use the form when you click Edit User Message.

See http://reseller.site-helper.com/create.html

You see the link for Edit User Message? This allows you to edit the default message and subject.

Again if you use the form in DA and not the raw files its much easier to deal with. Use the form when you click Edit User Message.

See http://reseller.site-helper.com/create.html

You see the link for Edit User Message? This allows you to edit the default message and subject.

Hello,

First, thanks for all your help. But i already know that i can manually change the title of the welcome email by clicking on edit user message.

But what im really looking for is to find where in directadmin files can i change it in order for the future, all new resellers and users can have the new with title translated.

fell free to give your adices and/or ideas

It appears you are now talking about something totally different now.

After creating a reseller a u_welcome.txt gets added to his user configuration directory. You want that file to already be translated with the reseller having to edit it himself.

Is that what you are talking about? I am having a hard time trying to figure out what you want.

It appears you are now talking about something totally different now.

After creating a reseller a u_welcome.txt gets added to his user configuration directory. You want that file to already be translated with the reseller having to edit it himself.

Is that what you are talking about? I am having a hard time trying to figure out what you want.

Hello,

I will try to explain in a more simple way:

I have already translate and replace the u_welcome.txt and r_welcome.txt on my server.

But when sending this new welcome emails, the email title still is in English language. So need to know what is the file that i have to change in order to translate the email title that is defined by default.

Thanks

Ok I will say once again to do it from the form. That saves it so that you don't have to do it again.

That subject is stored in the reseller.conf file in the user's configuration directory. But again as has been said many, many times if you use the form from within the control panel it will change this value for you.

You are trying to edit the text files that are supposed to be managed from the DA control panel interface.

Start listening to what we tell you and you will learn something. We have been trying to tell you this since post #2.

Login to your DA. Click the Reseller Level link. Click Add New User. Click Edit User Message. Change the subject line and click Save. Now from ssh open /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/admin/reseller.conf and you will see the subject has been changed.

Whether you do it from the form or do it from ssh the effect is the same. But doing it from the DA interface its less likely that you will make a mistake.

Last edited:
Ok I will say once again to do it from the form. That saves it so that you don't have to do it again.

That subject is stored in the reseller.conf file in the user's configuration directory. But again as has been said many, many times if you use the form from within the control panel it will change this value for you.

You are trying to edit the text files that are supposed to be managed from the DA control panel interface.

Start listening to what we tell you and you will learn something. We have been trying to tell you this since post #2.

Login to your DA. Click the Reseller Level link. Click Add New User. Click Edit User Message. Change the subject line and click Save. Now from ssh open /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/admin/reseller.conf and you will see the subject has been changed.

Whether you do it from the form or do it from ssh the effect is the same. But doing it from the DA interface its less likely that you will make a mistake.

hello,

thanks for the help. I now understand.

Are you sure you have to change both? I've always thought that they used the same file. And I just tested, and they appear to use the same file.

Hi Jeff,
I always thought that it was 2 separate files (new welcome mail/resend welcome mail), but now i read more in this post i noticed that Floyd gave a perfectly explanation why i see a dutch (my translated version welcome mail) and a english resend mail. I myself going to follow the tips of Floyd aswell!

@ Floyd,
Thanks for your help! I thought to help out a new DA user, but now it looks like that even i have learned something! :D.

Why and how

The alignments of user and reseller massages are really uggly. Can I change it to html massages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back