Recieving and sending emails

Leones

Verified User
Hello, I'm new to creating websites and I am a little unsure about emails.

I would like to know what program to use, and how to, set up a program so that it can recieve and send emails from the email address i created. ([email protected])

Thank you.

I'm not sure what you mean.

Do you mean you want your website to automatically send and receive emails when people visit the site?

Or do you mean you want to know how to set up your own desktop system so you can use your new domain email address?

If the latter, then it's different for each email client; how do you receive email now?

(Note this is the wrong forum for this question; I hope someone will move it to offtopic.)

Jeff

First, sorry about posting this is the wrong place.

Er yes its the second one. What email client should i use, i have outlook express at the moment on my computer.

Hope that clears it up, oh and sorry again :(

You should be able to us Outlook express, Eudora etc by setting them up to use pop3. Its really just persoanl prefference to what you want. Any client that can use pop3 (what doesn't) should work for you.

It depends on what you've set up in DNS.

By default, DA sets up mail.example.com.

I've checked, and yes, you do have mail.pearlsports.co.uk pointing to 199.137.50.136, so if that's your domain, then the mailservers, both incoming and outgoing, are mail.pearlsports.co.uk.

Jeff

Back