- A supported version of PHP:
* 5.2.6 (SLES 11)
* 5.3.2 (RHEL 6)
* 5.2.x, 5.3.x, or 5.4.x (source builds)
You can download PHP from
- Ice for C++ 3.5b development kit
Building the Ice for PHP extension (Linux/OS X)
This source distribution only supports building Ice for PHP as a
dynamic PHP extension; the product of the build is a shared library
that you must configure PHP to load.
Follow the steps below to build Ice for PHP:
1. Change to Ice for PHP source subdirectory.
> cd Ice-3.5b/php
2. Edit config/Make.rules and review the build settings. For example,
you may want to enable OPTIMIZE. If your PHP installation resides
in a non-standard location, modify the PHP_HOME setting to contain
the installation directory. If you are using PHP 5.3 or later and
wish to use PHP namespaces, set USE_NAMESPACES=yes.
3. If you have not built Ice for C++ from the cpp subdirectory, then
set the ICE_HOME environment variable to the directory containing
your Ice installation. For example, if Ice is installed in
/opt/Ice-3.5b, set ICE_HOME as follows:
$ export ICE_HOME=/opt/Ice-3.5b
If you installed Ice using RPMs, set ICE_HOME as shown below:
$ export ICE_HOME=/usr
3. Run make.