recompile PHP with Suhosin

recompile php with suhosin is not the same of add suhosin extension in php.

Btw, try restart csf and lfd if you have both installed (extension and patch)

recompile php with suhosin is not the same of add suhosin extension in php.

Btw, try restart csf and lfd if you have both installed (extension and patch)

I did its both and restart csf and lfd but the same result. I view my phpinfo it's ok with both patch and addon. :confused:

My csf is 5.0.9 it show warning but I can use ALL suhosin feature it's very great I can custom disable_function for each domain.

Last edited:
We are using suhosin too, works great!
We are using this for suhosin
; suhosin
suhosin.session.encrypt = Off
suhosin.executor.func.blacklist = "exec,system,passthru,escapeshellarg,escapeshellcmd,proc_close,proc_open,dl,popen,show_source"
suhosin.post.max_vars = 4096
suhosin.request.max_vars = 4096
And if somebody needs a function enabled (almost nobody) then we can overrule this with the HTTPd Custom Configuration at DirecetAdmin for the each domain.

Hello everyone,

I am running FreeBSD 7.3, Apache 2.2.16, Php 5.2.14 and MySQL 5.0.91. I followed smtalk's directions for PHP 5.2.13 (using 5.2.14 Suhosin patch). Everything works fine up to the point I enter:

Code:
`../build used_configs | grep PHP5 | cut -d: -f2`

I get the same error that SeLLeRoNe had in post #12:

Code:
configure: error: Cannot find MySQL header files under yes.
Note that the MySQL client library is not bundled anymore!

I haven't used custombuild before (which is GREAT by the way - thank you smtalk!!!) - I'm sure it is a "simple" issue that I am unfamiliar with. Does anyone have a suggestion that might resolve this?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide - it's certainly appreciated!

*** I just realized that this was the CentOS thread - my apologies if I should have started a new FreeBSD only thread!

I just tried smtalk's alternative method and it appears Suhosin compiled correctly :).

is not so important... you can enable it back but remember to disable everytime you have to recompile php and to always apply those change to recompile with suhosin.

regards

I thought so..

any way to set custombuild so it would compile it automaticly like this when doing a ./build update_versions?

no, cause if there will be a new version of php custombuild will download the latest version so you will need to patch it (with the proper suhosin patch for that php version)

i use to do ./build version for see what new there is to update and, if a new php version is present, i use to check on suhosin website if there is already the correct patch, if not, i use to wait till the new patch come out before update php.

Regards

Suhosin CSF

Hello,
I have followed the instructions to install suhosin in PHP and CSF still hasn't detected it, any ideas how to fix?

Thanks

Sorry output for,
php -v
PHP 5.2.16 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.7 (cli) (built: Jan 6 2011 01:21:04)
Copyright (c) 1997-2009 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
with Zend Extension Manager v1.2.2, Copyright (c) 2003-2007, by Zend Technologies
with Zend Optimizer v3.3.3, Copyright (c) 1998-2007, by Zend Technologies

Hello,
I have PHP 5.2.17 and in the suhosin page only 5.2.16 is available and after that just for 5.3 php.

Can i install other suhosin version in current PHP version or do i need to update PHP in order to install it?

Thanks

i suggest you to wait till suhosin release the version for your php version, or, use update.script (search on this forum) and install suhosin as extension.

regards

Back