recursive DNS for an range of addresses

elvandar

Verified User
Hello,

Probably I am just stupid or unable to do the proper thing, but can anyone tell me how to configure a /27 within DirectAdmin?

Currently I have the zone in a seperated instance on my FreeBSD server and I want to take over the instance by using DirectAdmin as a management frontend (to keep things equal). But I cannot seem to add an entire /27 in one go, it works when I create individual zone's for every IP, but to mirror 32 zone's just because I (DA?) cannot seem to configure the right thing is plain stupid.

Anyone suggestions on how to do this properly on DA?

(Note that customers do not need to be able to assign the reverse DNS to their machine at all).

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Remko
FreeBSD.org

When we want to do things with DNS that DirectAdmin doesn't want us to do, we manually create an include file for /etc/named.conf. Make sure to list it as an include file in your /etc/named.conf file.

It works for us.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

That is basically what I am doing now in a standalone environment, ofcourse I can include the zone's and some other stuff in a seperated include, but I would have figured that you can also do some reverse DNS with DA (not just one IP but more).

Customers dont always have access to DNS control; in my case only the administrators can manage the reverse DNS zone's (well that would have been the idea).

OK too bad that DA doesn't support this..

Have you entered a request for better handling of reverse DNS in the Feedback & Feature Requests subforum?

Jeff

Back