Reinstall mysql

hmaddy

Verified User
How to uninstall mysql and reinstall it again on an existing DA running server. Already taken the backups of databases.

I get this error when try to re install mysql
1693609199178.png

I get this error when try to re install mysql
It's more wise to keep your topics together so we don't have to search all around the forum.
You got some big mysql issue and you already send in a ticket, we did not see an answer yet.
also your other post:
is related to database issues, so it's all related.

Thanks for reply richard, sorry for the multiple posts, can i delete them?
Seems, that the problem is directadmin db user is not working correctly, it not have gran privileges and if i try to add grant i get error
This is a develop server, so i'm resetting it and reinstalling directadmin from scratch

You can only delete them if you still see the "delete" option on the left below side, next to "report" and "edit".

Did you try reinstalling as mentioned in post #2 over here?
Which distro and version of Linux are you using?

You can only delete them if you still see the "delete" option on the left below side, next to "report" and "edit".

Did you try reinstalling as mentioned in post #2 over here?
Which distro and version of Linux are you using?
I only see report and edit not delete, sorry about this!
I'm using almalinux 8
When i try to reinstall i get access denied.

When i try to reinstall i get access denied.
Yes because for some reason it's admin instead of da_admin and some access thing is incorrect it seems.
You should remove the complete database. I'm going of now, but try like this, be sure you have backups if needed.

1.) Go to directadmin as admin and stop the mysql service
2.) Go as root into SSH and stop service there too (service mysql stop or service mysqld stop).
3.) Remove the /var/lib/mysql directory (rm -rf /var/lib/mysql)
4.) Doublecheck nothing of mysql is running (again)
ps faux | grep mysql
if something is running, kill the process.
5.) Then
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build clean
./build update
./build mysql

Then it should be fine if all is well.

P.s. I will read tomorrow, going to watch tv and sleep now. Maybe others help sooner if problem persists.

1693612416305.png

Seems that is installed correctly
But when on DA dashboard at admin and user level, i find on the navigation filter for mysql and get empty results
And on the top search box i found mysql management but when click get this error
1693612607591.png

So if you are as admin on user level and click mysql management (first row I believe) then you don't get the option to create a database?
Very odd indeed.

Maybe OS reload is the best option.
Be patient on the Directadmin reinstall. Directadmin itself is fast, but the rest is installing on the background and sometimes really can take some time.
Safest is to wait using DA until you have got the message that install finished.

All is reinstalled now, it was fast, now i will take some time to configure nameservers, dns records, restore backups and when i finish i let you know.

It was fast, but doublecheck if background install things are finished like apache and mysql etc. first before changing things. ;)

Yeah, was fast, server have nvme
Look, this is what is active by now
1693622279012.png

I already set the hostname and its responding to pings
I dont remember one thing.
If i ping the ns1 and ns2 setup on Administrator settings / Server settings
No one responds the ping
Must i install first the domain mydomain.com and the configure the nameservers under DNS administration section?

Must i install first the domain mydomain.com and the configure the nameservers under DNS administration section?
You don't need to do it first, can do it afterwards to, because you have to create the nameservers NS records and A records, so yes I would create it.

Thanks for reply, i ended to mount everything, except rspamd that seem is not working on Almalinux 9.
Now mysql work fine
I have documented everything.
For the nameservers i do this
First add the zone for the hostname, inside hostname zone y added the record for ns1 and ns2, afterward i changed to user level and added the domain used for ns1 and ns2.
Idk if this is the right process but almost worked for me.
I searched for youtube videos about how to right configure my own nameservers but no luck.
Now mysql directadmin user is well configured: da_admin

All is working fine, almost by now
Tomorrow i will try to configure mailserver
Thanks for all your patience

First add the zone for the hostname, inside hostname zone y added the record for ns1 and ns2, afterward i changed to user level and added the domain used for ns1 and ns2.
Hmmz... that's a choice ofcourse. Personally I never use the hostname ns but domain ns. So I create the domain in userlevel from admin. Then in the domain I create the ns1 and ns2 A records and the two NS records. This way I get ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com like most have, instead of ns1.server.domain.com and ns2.server.domain.com.

The zone for the hostname I create seperately just like you.

I searched for youtube videos about how to right configure my own nameservers but no luck.
There is some old thread here on the forum which states how it's done.
Can still be done this way.

Now mysql directadmin user is well configured: da_admin
Great.
As for mailserver questions, start them in a seperate thread please. ;)
As far as you need configuration because mostly it's already ready do go.

Back