[RELEASE] SpamBlocker released

The simple scenario would be to store IPs that are rejected too many times.

-When a delivery fails for obvious reasons (RBL check, blackhole, etc.), add the IP to a counter
-When the counter reaches 5 per example, store the IP in exim_deny

Would this block too many legit emails?

With SpamBlocker we have RBL check. Its possible to configure SpamAssassin to not check RBL in all the domains?. In DA there are a SA master conf, but i think the SA conf in each domains dominates

Last edited:
Howdy!

The RBLs are only run on domains listed in /etc/virtual/use_rbl_domains. About 1/2 of my customers don't want them so I don't include by default, only upon request.

=C=

Sure sounded great, after having purchased the script however, we're unable to complete the installation - and to compound to this, the folks at virtualhelpdesk.info (the helpdesk associated to this purchase) aren't at all responsive (only 1 response in about 1 week's time, whose contents were wholly useless).

So far, I'd advise caution where this purchase is concerned based on the quality of support (if you unfortunately ever require it).

Last edited:
Saeven said:
Sure sounded great, after having purchased the script however, we're unable to complete the installation - and to compound to this, the folks at virtualhelpdesk.info (the helpdesk associated to this purchase) aren't at all responsive (only 1 response in about 1 week's time, whose contents were wholly useless).

So far, I'd advise caution where this purchase is concerned based on the quality of support (if you unfortunately ever require it).

I wasn't aware you had to pay for it.

Jon

Dark_Wizard said:
Found this post very interesting and have used this -> http://www.configserver.com/free/eximdeny.html when I was on cpanel....worth looking at...
I'm wondering if this will be important once we include greylisting?

What do you think?

Greylisting isn't in the first beta of SpamBlocker3, but will probably be in the release version.

Should the dictionary attack code be included too, or does the greylisting code make it superfluous? Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Jeff

Saeven said:

SpamBlocker Plugin is not the same as SpamBlocker.

SpamBlocker is the technology included in DirectAdmin; it's there, it's free, and it's included in DA for everyone to use.

SpamBlocker Plugin is a third party plugin to allow you to manage SpamBlocker from inside DA's admin control panel.

By now they should have resolved all their issues; try contacting them again if you're still having problems.

Jeff

Unfortunately I didn't get SpamBlocker3 released yet. I'm still adding some things to it, and after all it is the weekend and I do try to have a life :) .

Only SpamBlocker2 is supported by DirectAdmin right now; it offers specific blocklists and other ways to block email from spammers. There's no documentation available for it except for the Readme file located here, and the exim.conf file itself.

SpamBlocker3 is in beta test. The Readme file can be found here and here, and the betatest file can be found here.

If you're going to install SpamBlocker3 remember to also include the latest exim.pl file, also found here.

When we bring SpamBlocker3 live we'll have better documentation for SpamBlocker.

Jeff

Jeff

I see.

Will i need to uninstall Spamassassin before i can use SpamBlocker and can you please tell me how much spam can cut SpamBlocker comparing to Spamassassin ?
I have spamassassin set to score 6.0 but from all emails about 70% is spam..

SpamBlocker and SpamAssassin are both included in the DA exim.conf files as distributed. Both are turned off by default. Instructions for turning them on (one or both) are all over these forums, so I'll not repeat them here.

Many (but certainly not all) of the spams caught by SpamAssassin will be caught first by SpamBlocker. And vice-versa.

We don't use SpamAssassin at all; we catch as spam over 90% of email coming into the server.

Jeff

When it's ready. Sorry to be so non-specific but it's the best I can do right now; I've got a lot on my plate and there are a bunch of changes to make. In the meantime the beta pretty-much works; I'm using it.

Jeff

Back