[REQUEST] single domain backup?

lnguyen

Verified User
Is this possible? At least on the user end. At times, a user might have a small website, or a few small ones s/he might host, and one giant picture gallery.

It'd be useful to be able to just select the smaller sites to backup if the picture gallery doesn't need to be. Or alternatively, vice versa.

Any opinion on this?

did this/is this likely to get implemented as i'm making backups of 3gig when it only needs to be like 500mb

I can see a need for this (besides saving space, processing power, and bandwidth).. if you want to move a domain from a server to another one, then this feature would be good.

Otherwise, wouldn't a backup-via-rsync be a good option to have instead of (or as well as) via ftp?

lnguyen said:
Is this possible? At least on the user end. At times, a user might have a small website, or a few small ones s/he might host, and one giant picture gallery.
It should be possible, by creating your own backup scripts as a cron job.

Jeff

I understand it mught be able to be done via cron but it would be nice to have it intergrated into DA.

Re: Re: [REQUEST] single domain backup?

jlasman said:
It should be possible, by creating your own backup scripts as a cron job.

Jeff

Any guides to show how you create you own backup script ?

an old request but I'd certainly like to see this as well (searching for info on it right now).

Having to backup all domains on a server in order to do a restore on another for a single domain is a huge pain. I'd like to be able to do it from the web interface.

Same here..
I have no clue as where to begin for a manual restore of 1 domain in a multidomain user config :(

Single domain backup (needed)

Yes we need also this features. Some of domain must be migrated between different customers. Easiest way would be single domain backup.
Now making it from CLI is very complicated, different UID's, exim settings, etc...

Hello,

Moving domains between Users will likely happen as a feature in the future, it's already mostly done. However, single domain backups may not happenfor a while, due to the nature of the file setup/path structure, etc.. That may change if the demand is high enough.
This is the related guide for the current way of moving things around http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=58

John

** BUMP **
The specific domain backup is very important.
Some users have some huge domains and a couple of smaller once.
Most other controlpanels have the feature to mark wish domain to backup.

Sure i could write scripts to do it but i prefeer not to give my clients shell access to fiddle around with backupscripts and they dont want sevral account since it will be harder for them to administrate.

So in short terms.
Is there any plans yet to implement it?

EDIT: A simple way would be like: check that database and what domain folder that you want to backup. instead of the backup all domains...

Last edited:
Back