Reseller Websites

studiotechnica

I understand that I can assign an IP to a reseller so that it appears "owned". Does this mean that I can set up the reseller's website on that IP? Or does it mean that they simply own that IP and are able to use it with their users?

The latter doesn't make sense to me because when I attempt to add a user and the IP is owned, it does not appear in the dropdown menu.

I am using this server to host ONE website (lots o traffic) and all I want to do is set up one reseller account with an IP that isn't shared by the server.

Does this mean I have to create a reseller and a user? Or is there a way to just create a reseller and allow the website to connect to the IP it "owns"?

Hello,

An "owned" IP implies that the owner of the IP is the only User that can use it. You will be able to access http://1.2.3.4 and will see the domain of the User.

The IP must be first assigned to the Reseller who is creating the User accout. (Admin Panel -> IP Manager -> Assign to).

Then the Reseller will make sure that the IP is free and not shared (Reseller Panel -> IP Assignment). If it's shared, it must be freed. It can only be freed if there are 0 users on it.

Once you have a free IP, then you go to create the User and it should appear in the dropdown of IPs with no text beside it. Select that IP and it will assign that IP to the new User. It will now be "owned" by that User.

You can also assign an IP to an existing user by going to Reseller Panel -> List/Modify Accounts -> username -> Modify username -> and select the Free IP just like when creating a new account.

A Reseller can set himself to own the IP by going to Reseller Panel -> List / Modify Accounts -> "Modify your own User data" -> Modify resellername -> Select the free IP.

John

Back