Reseller with custom DNS

skym4n

Verified User
I'm having a problem creating Reseller with custom DNS. (ex. ns1.domainresell.com and ns2.domainresell.com).

I know I can edit dns zones and customize manually, but I don't want to do anything manual, I want to automate.

first i enabled Personal DNS's for two ips

see: https://prnt.sc/E7C0OqUjlAUg

In the Management of ips I put the second ip as shared, as print.
see: https://prnt.sc/P5L85P-hyeU-

when creating the reseller account by whmcs or directly by directadmin I get the following error:
You have not given the reseller any IP's. Unable to create an assigned IP domain or any nameservers without any.

My idea was to create the reseller account with the custom dns, do I have to configure anything else?

My idea was to create the reseller account with the custom dns, do I have to configure anything else?
Yes you have to setup the nameservers at the reseller in DA.

So there have to be 2 NS records and 2 A records for the reseller's nameservers.
Also at the registrar of the domain "domainresell.com" you have to set the nameservers toe the correct ip's if you haven't done so yet.

As for WHMCS, no clue, I don't work with that.

Yes you have to setup the nameservers at the reseller in DA.

So there have to be 2 NS records and 2 A records for the reseller's nameservers.
Also at the registrar of the domain "domainresell.com" you have to set the nameservers toe the correct ip's if you haven't done so yet.

As for WHMCS, no clue, I don't work with that.
that is, would it be easier to directly edit the dns templates for all domains with input A and IP for ns1 and ns2?
Where I edit the default dns, so that every account creates on the server already add an entry ns1 and ns2 for the ips.

for all domains with input A and IP for ns1 and ns2?
No you only do that for the domain you have the namservers on. Not on all domains. The rest of the domains will automatically have the ns records without the A records if the nameservers are setup correctly.

Check this for missing things.

Back