Restoring databases not working

ZipperZapper

Verified User
So I'm installing DirectAdmin on Ubuntu 18.04, with the license file set to 'Linux 64-bit'. I tackled a lot of issues already, but I'm stuck at restoring mysql databases right now.

So first of all I tried to use Admin Backup/Transfer to restore my users. This works fine, apart from databases:

Code:
[B]An error occurred during the restore.[/B]
Unable to restore database xxxx to xx : sh: /usr/bin/mysql: No such file or directory
So then I switched to User Level > MySQL Management to restore them by hand. First it failed on gunzip:

Code:
Unable to find /usr/bin/gunzip
I went to look around en found gunzip is in /bin on Ubuntu 18.04, so I tried to fix that error with a symlink:

Code:
ln -s /bin/gunzip /usr/bin/gunzip
Now I end up having this error:

Code:
Unable to restore database xxx : sh: /usr/bin/mysql: No such file or directory gzip: stdout: Broken pipe
Which seems similar to the first mentioned, apart from the extra gzip bit.

At first there where connection errors concerning the mysql.sock too, which I fixed by adding "socket=/usr/local/mysql/data/mysql.sock" to /usr/local/directadmin/conf/mysql.conf.

I can't really find where to fix the /usr/bin/mysql error.

ZipperZapper

Verified User
Anyone?

The Service Monitor will give the same kind of error for starting, stopping or restarting every service, so it seems something fundamental that's wrong:

Code:
An error has occurred

Details
/usr/bin/systemctl start nginx.service 2>&1
Systemctl is set to 1 in directadmin.conf.