Roundcube error!

rowebca

Verified User
Hi.

I am trying to implement some automatic backups and I see an error message in after backups:

RoundCube Backup Error:
Warning: mysqli::__construct(): Unexpected server respose while doing caching_sha2 auth: 109 in /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/backup_roundcube.php on line 121

Warning: mysqli::__construct(): MySQL server has gone away in /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/backup_roundcube.php on line 121

Warning: mysqli::__construct(): (HY000/2006): MySQL server has gone away in /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/backup_roundcube.php on line 121
Failed to connect to MySQL: (2006) MySQL server has gone away

I tried to connect to Rouncube but is not working SQL error access.

Now, I tried to reinstall roundcube and I received this:

WARNING: Changed defaults (These config options have new default values):
- 'skin'
- 'smtp_port'
- 'smtp_user'
- 'smtp_pass'
- 'jquery_ui_skin_map'
Executing database schema update. (at this points is hanging until is failing, I try to increase the execution time, but same result of failing)
ERROR: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2006] MySQL server has gone away
ERROR: Failed to connect to database
Reloading apache.

I tried to drop the database etc, reinstall same result. Squiremail is working corect.

Please help me with this.

Regards,
George B.

squirrelmail stores it's data in files, roundcube - uses database.
check mysql logs.

squirrelmail stores it's data in files, roundcube - uses database.
check mysql logs.

Yes, but I am using DB for squirrelmail for preferences and other things...I meant that the user that I am using is connecting with no problem...The user da_roundcube is connecting to database of roundcube on command line but not when I am trying to install using build. That is very strange, no errors in logs.

try to reproduce error and check mysql error log for fresh errors.

Did you try to remove the database completely?

Did you try to remove the database completely?
I removed the database, reinstall but same result and no error logs in mysql. I am thinking that all this is related with restoration from cPanel backups. Right now I am not using roundcube, but it is annoying with daily backups. It is strange that I can't see any logs pointing me to a solution.

I found the solution (maybe somebody will pass trough this problem too). The problem it was that mysql 8 is not working with php 7.3, but my WHMCS don't work with php 7.4 so after I install both I fixed those problems.

Regards,
George B.

I found the solution (maybe somebody will pass trough this problem too). The problem it was that mysql 8 is not working with php 7.3, but my WHMCS don't work with php 7.4 so after I install both I fixed those problems.

Regards,
George B.
I spent 3 days searching all over google and I didn't know what to do, I reinstalled as you said and I solved it, thanks for the solution

Back