Roundcube needs your help!

Arieh

Verified User
Roundcube has launched a crowd-funding project at https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/roundcube-next--2

They want to take on 2 full time employees to build a new version of Roundcube, for "a fluid single-page web app which you can use on all of your devices: desktop, laptop, tablet and smartphone."

A lean responsive client that works on both mobile and desktop is the major element missing from Roundcube today. Since it takes a lot of work and time to make this happen, the extra workforce is needed. And since Roundcube is free to use for everyone, the idea of a crowd-funded project is only logical. They're not asking for much, if we all chip in this project can lift off.

An interesting side note is that cPanel already dontated $10,000, I don't think DA itself is going to donate (but who knows? ;)), but we as Roundcube users and many of us making profit off of it, I think we should be able to come up with a nice amount as well. Personally I've already donated.

I just saw that myself. I'm glad they're moving forward with it. I've been debating on donating some or contributing to the code.

It' 77% funded right now, about two weeks left. If anyone here can spare a few bucks to get a better roundcube going now is the time!

Back