Rsync between DA DA servers

i've been using a 4 servers setup, 2 DA, 2 storage mounted via NFS (/home and some common dirs) to build a redundant system for a customer. Shell script has to be written to sync user between 2 DA frontend. and Rsync the 1st NFS to 2nd NFS every hour.

This setup worked great and provide good redundancy. Going to add 5th/6th server to run heartbeatd for load balancing in the coming month.

It's complex setup. =/
Last month, one of the DA frontend downed due to hw failure and service wasn't interrupted cuz of this.

If you have two identical machines. You can rsync /home /var /usr/local/directadmin

I been working on transferring my data from one machine to another because of a hard drive controller issue. My problem is I don't have identical hardware I am also going from fc1 to fc6

In my case I have been using rsync for /home, /usr/local/directadmin/data, /var/spool/mail/, and /var/lib/mysql. I did use DA's 'backup' to get the needed files in /etc. I did run into some issues that I haven't work out yet.

In the case of mirroring a computer I would set up the backup server to boot on runlevel 2 or 4 and turn off all start up programs except ssh, but diffenatly need to make sure startips does not start or you might knock off your dedicated IPs with conflicts.

When needed edit /etc/sysconfig/network change your IP and change runlevels to 3 which would be a normal boot. (You would need to change inittab to 3 in case the machine reboots)

Any more info on this? This exactly what I want to do...I have a server with DA and a spare with all the data from the server that have DA....but how automatically this servers starts to work when the firts goes down?

i've been using a 4 servers setup, 2 DA, 2 storage mounted via NFS (/home and some common dirs) to build a redundant system for a customer. Shell script has to be written to sync user between 2 DA frontend. and Rsync the 1st NFS to 2nd NFS every hour.

This setup worked great and provide good redundancy. Going to add 5th/6th server to run heartbeatd for load balancing in the coming month.

It's complex setup. =/
Last month, one of the DA frontend downed due to hw failure and service wasn't interrupted cuz of this.

Will-lo, could you share more information about how you did this? and what's your ns-setup?

Thanks!

Back