Same DocumentRoot, unique email domains.

martinostlund

Verified User
Hello,

I have a situation where we need to be able to share the same code-base to multiple domains from the same public_html folder, but have separate email accounts on each domain.

Normally I would just add a domain pointer or use ServerAlias, but I need to add these as a separate domain to be able to have unique mail accounts for each.

How can I achieve this? I hope this can be done through DirectAdmin GUI and does not require SSH access, as one of our resellers needs to be able to do this theirself a couple of times a day.

/Martin

Last edited:
Hello,

Create domain, remove it's public_html and symbolic-link it to the correct public_html and do you're scripting.

ln -s <path to the file/folder to be linked> <the path of the link to be created>

@zEitEr can you provide instructions to symbolic link?

If you want to learn on how to create symlink check the reply from the user @johannes.

I'm replying only for the reason to warn you that symlinks will work only within one user account. You can not symlink folders between different users. If you need to share content between different users another solution should be used.

Back