Based on the caveats, I will continue to work on trying to get embedded PHP to work in an admin template, rather than a server template. So far, having no luck with either type of template, but still trying...
What exactly are you trying to do with the scripts? The skin scripts won't have the required privilege to upload a skin to be server wide because the scripts are run as the logged in user, not diradmin.
I am trying to get PHP to work embedded within a skin.
Earlier posts in this thread seemed to imply that the process has a better chance of working as a server template. So I tried that and got the familiar 'file not found' that others are getting, even as a server template. Then I realized that developing and maintaining a server template is a bit more difficult (for good reason, given the extra security built in).
So now I am trying to get the embedded PHP to work within an admin-owned template. Even tried putting PHP under the admin directory, but still hitting problems. Will keep trying - having PHP with a DA skin opens up a lot of uses for DA for us.
There isn't any difference for the DA program other than the document root path.. it's probably something else like a permissions issue.. Try breaking it down to a very simple php command "echo 'hi';" or something and work up from there.
Even more weird: same skin uploaded to same directory using same account (admin). First time was uploaded using wget using account admin and unpacked on server. Second time it was unpacked on computer and uploaded using ftp. Only when uploaded with ftp php can be used. When uploaded with wget it shows same error as on loopforever's screenshot.
Right now the scripting won't work in the filemanager because it's chrooted. Other things like the password protected directories are also chrooted to /home/username, so when you're accessing php, it would be looking in:
I'm working on the filemanger issue right now. It should be working on all other pages (excluding filemanger and protected directories). If your upload method changes the functionality using the same script then either the permissions are weird or possibly the file format is non-standard (ie. windows sometimes adds ^M characters at the end of the lines).