Server IP on resellers

sufiyanshaikh

Verified User
Hi all.
I am facing an issue with "IP".
I added reseller with Server IP and I wanted to remove the server IP and add the Dedicated IP.
The problem is that there is no option in the Admin IP manager to remove any reseller from Server IP.
admin IP manager.png

Also if the reseller is set to dedicated IP, the reseller can still use the server IP.
I unchecked the option "Allow Reseller to create sites with server IP" in "Reseller Package but still doesn't seem to be working correctly because the reseller was still allowed to use Server IP.
share server ip.png

To stop reseller from using Server IP even after providing reseller Dedicated IP and removing server IP from reseller user along with all its user's is to delete the IP from the file /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/RESELLER-USERNAME/ip.list

I think this is a bug and should be fixed ASAP

Note: This issue is specifically in Server IP

Replication steps:

1) Create a reseller with Server IP and "Allow Reseller to create sites with server IP" should be checked in Reseller package. (admin)
2) Add 1-2 users in that reseller (reseller)
3) Now add Dedicated IP to reseller account (admin)
4) Login into the reseller and Share the IP (reseller)
5) Change the IP of all its users(as reseller).
4) Uncheck option "Allow Reseller to create sites with server IP" (admin)
5) Login into reseller account and check IP manager (Server IP will still be shown)
6) Create a new site and you can still use Server IP

Now to fix this and stop reseller from using server IP, remove the server IP from the file /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/RESELLER-USERNAME/ip.list

Back