Server replied: 550 "Unknown User" Exim

sandrift

Verified User
Hello, when trying to send a email from outside my server, to a account on my server, i get the below error. I also get it when trying to send to a email address on my server, from the server itself. I can send from the server out to say, yahoo.com email address just fine, just nothing into the server.

Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
Server replied: 550 "Unknown User"

I searched, did the "fix's" that were recommended for similiar problems, but nothign worked.

Any ideas besides reinstalling everything from scrach? I've never had this problem before. Current server is a VPS, with all the accounts transfered from another vps.

Not sure what else to do :( If you have suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks
Chris

Just found this in my dns entry

I'm not posting the domain, but following after the normal enteries are:

TXT "v=spf1 a mx ip4:69.73.179.227 ?all"

That is the old VPS server that I was on. When I restored the domains, I opted to have server change to the new ip's instead of keeping the old ones, but that is still shown.

On a test domain I just made, it shows TXT "v=spf1 a mx ip4:195.210.38.187 ?all" instead
Do I have to go through each individual domain and change it to TXT "v=spf1 a mx ip4:195.210.38.187 ?all" ?

Thanks MUch

Last edited:
Try a manual debug session.

Lookup how to use exim -bh and run a complete session, from your server shell, and see where the user is failing and why.

Jeff

Back