Setup wordpress on directadmin

You're welcome!
May I ask you.

Is this interface a backup and restore of directadmin's entire domain system, database, configuration?

If I change vps, just reinstall directadmin and download the backup included in here, I will restore the wordpress site (domain, database, ssl, phpmyadmin, ....) right?

1.png

2.png

I might do it an odd way, but I install a new vps, check that mariadb and php are not too much different (so not a very old one and on a new server a very new one). We use servers, not vps.
Then after installation, most things I do manually, so checking and comparing directadmin.conf and options.conf files and custom things I made.
After that I use the admin backup/transfer to transfer all domains with all their mail and databases.

Doing it via system backup and after that Admin backup/transfer might be a lot easier, but I didn't use it like that yet.

I might do it an odd way, but I install a new vps, check that mariadb and php are not too much different (so not a very old one and on a new server a very new one). We use servers, not vps.
Then after installation, most things I do manually, so checking and comparing directadmin.conf and options.conf files and custom things I made.
After that I use the admin backup/transfer to transfer all domains with all their mail and databases.

Doing it via system backup and after that Admin backup/transfer might be a lot easier, but I didn't use it like that yet.
Thank Richard G,
Can you show me how to setup phpmyadmin on directadmin?

When I click on phpmyadmin on directadmin the server is down.

Can you show me how to setup phpmyadmin on directadmin?
You don't need to set that up, that should work automatically because it's installed during setup.

Normally if it would not be installed you could issue these commands via SSH:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build set phpmyadmin yes
./build phpmyadmin
after that phpmyadmin should be accessible via /phpmyadmin like http://domain.com/phpmyadmin or httpd://server.domain.com/phpmyadmin or with https.
If your server crashes or goes down when you call phpmyadmin, you might have some issue which should not occur, you might best open a new topic for that.

P.s. please don't quote full post, don't use the reply button but the empty reply box below the post. ;)

I got 1 upgrade notification from Custombuild.

As I don't understand why php 8.0.18 upgrade to 8.0.17.
1.png

Might be the custombuild plugin is not up to date or for some other reason it's telling it the wrong way. Happens once a while.
In this case don't upgrade.

thanks Richard G.
I don't understand what is the difference between Disk Usage on the right column and Disk Usage on the left column?
I've tried adding them together like the numbers can't be equal.

1.png

As you can see, above the left column it says "Bandwidth", so that is not disk usage.
Excuse me, do you know how to export the database from phpmyadmin?

I want to export 1 DB from phpmyadmin like "network failed"

Can you guide me?

There seems to be a PHPMyAdmin bug with PHP 8.1 causing this error:

As a temporary workaround, you can use mysqldump (cli) to export your database:

Code:
mysqldump da_admin -p "$databasename" > /path/to/$databasename.sql

Excuse me, do you know how to export the database from phpmyadmin?

I want to export 1 DB from phpmyadmin like "network failed"

Can you guide me?
I think you should install directadmin on Centos 7 / Almalinux. It's better. I install on it, and do not see any error
Choose php version for domain: You must install more than 1 php version, php1 should be 7.4. Directadmin support 4 php versions.
If you want install wordpress on Directadmin and if you are vietnamese, you can visit this link https://docs.saigondata.vn/huong-dan-cai-dat-wordpress-tren-directadmin/

I think you should install directadmin on Centos 7 / Almalinux.
A better option would be the AlmaLinux 8 or RockyLinux 8 series, Centos 7 goes end of life in 2024, Centos 8 is already EOL, AlmaLinux / RockyLinux 8 go end of life in 2029.

I think you should install directadmin on Centos 7 / Almalinux. It's better. I install on it, and do not see any error
Choose php version for domain: You must install more than 1 php version, php1 should be 7.4. Directadmin support 4 php versions.
If you want install wordpress on Directadmin and if you are vietnamese, you can visit this link https://docs.saigondata.vn/huong-dan-cai-dat-wordpress-tren-directadmin/
This was an issue with a specific version of Phpmyadmin, not OS-related.

This was an issue with a specific version of Phpmyadmin, not OS-related.
Yes. I think you know why i said 'php1 should be 7.4'. It's compatible phpmyadmin without any error.
Centos/Almalinux can upgrade to cloudlinux in the future. I am using cloudlinux for sale hosting. It's better. Ubuntu can not upgrade to cloudlinux

That is true, I just wanted to clarify that there's nothing wrong with installing Directadmin on Debian/Ubuntu per se, we've been using them for a long time.

Nothing wrong with using any of these operating systems, although you might find more people on this forum have experience with a red hat derivative.

Back