Sieve (Pigeonhole) not working

NoBaloney2

NoBaloney Internet Svcs.
On new servers I've been doing CustomBuild installs, but using my own exim conf file from my site, configured manually to work with Sieve. This has worked previously when I've done the Sieve installs manually following suggestions in these forums.

With the new installs, I use CustomBuild 2, I build exim, I build dovecot, and I build pigeonhole (I'm not sure in which order, or if the order is important). But I have custombuild set to not update exim.conf, so I do my own.

Right now the code appears in Roundcube, and I create rules, but they're simply ignored, and the logs appear empty.

Any ideas?

If you've lmadel pigeonhole work with my 2.4 exim.conf file from my site, using Custombuild 2, please let me know how you did it.

Or if you know how to make it work with the 4.2 version of exim.conf included in files.directamdin.com, let me know exactly how you've done that.

Thanks.

Jeff

Jeff

Hello,

Custombuild 2 uses different setup for Sieve (Pigeonhole) if to compare with that one which I described on these forums. So to use the setup from CB 2.0 you need to update /etc/exim.conf either manually or witn CB 2.0.

Thank you very much Alex. I've really appreciated using yours, but right now I've got a working server with lots of clients (including me) who can't get sieve to wrok :( so I suppose I should either go back and use yours from beginning to end, or the one in CustomBuild 2. Do you (or does anyone else) know exactly what changes need to be made to my exim.conf file to make it work? I've tried the diff from CustomBuild 2 on my file but it doesn't do anything; the files are too different.

I can use any help on this I can get.

Thanks.

Jeff

Changes needed for exim.conf:
Find:
Code:
   domains = lsearch;/etc/virtual/domainowners
   group = mail
   retry_use_local_part
   transport = virtual_localdelivery

Change the last line to:
Code:
transport = dovecot_lmtp_udp

Find:
Code:
# This transport is used for handling autoreplies generated by the filtering
# option of the forwardfile director.

address_reply:
  driver = autoreply

Add below:
Code:
dovecot_lmtp_udp:
  driver = lmtp
  socket = /var/run/dovecot/lmtp
  batch_max = 200
  return_path_add

Restart exim now :) That's it.

Thanks, Martynas. Your changes didn't map exactly to my files, but close enoough so I was able to make it work. Thanks to you and Alex I'm able to read email instead of spend hours sorting it. Now if only we could get a good backup/restore system (per user, if not per mailbox) for Roundcube.

[/wishful thinking]

Jeff

Hi. Sorry to resurrect this, but how does CB2 build exim.conf and exim.pl? Tried to build it with CB2 (2.0.0-RC7 (rev: 1015) in DA, but it never completes the process. Just curious. My sieve does not sort the mail, even with the changes you mentioned above, so I start over with a fresh exim.conf, hence your build tool. Would be nice to keep it all under CB2. Thx for a nice plugin btw :)

Edit: I run the latest build of dovecot 2.2.13, exim 4.84 and pigeon 0.4.3, all from CB2. DA 1.46. CentOS 6.5 - 64bit (up to date).

[Executing /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/custombuild/admin/build exim_conf...]

Last edited:
Hi. Sorry to resurrect this, but how does CB2 build exim.conf and exim.pl? Tried to build it with CB2 (2.0.0-RC7 (rev: 1015) in DA, but it never completes the process. Just curious. My sieve does not sort the mail, even with the changes you mentioned above, so I start over with a fresh exim.conf, hence your build tool. Would be nice to keep it all under CB2. Thx for a nice plugin btw :)

Edit: I run the latest build of dovecot 2.2.13, exim 4.84 and pigeon 0.4.3, all from CB2. DA 1.46. CentOS 6.5 - 64bit (up to date).

Sorry my bad. Sieve is working! My rules was not working as I anticipated, just a mind thing...have to trust the logs!. Case closed. Thx. Nice QA!

Thanks, Martynas. Your changes didn't map exactly to my files, but close enoough so I was able to make it work. Thanks to you and Alex I'm able to read email instead of spend hours sorting it. Now if only we could get a good backup/restore system (per user, if not per mailbox) for Roundcube.

[/wishful thinking]

Jeff

From what Jeff was saying I'm curious if these filters are included in the backups as they do live inside the IMAP folder for each account - I'd imagine they are included.

It seems, that they are in a backup. I found my rules in:

backup/domain.com/email/data/imap/alexey/sieve/

of a tar.gz file.

My post was a few months ago and I don't remember the exact issus any longer, but as of the latest version of DirectAdmin all aspects of Roundcube should work, and Sieve should have always worked, across backups.

At least that's my recollection.

Jeff

Back