skin choice

Hi Alex
I looked and they are all there, even ones that failed and ones I deleted from Skin Manager ?
why would DA keep them even after deleting them from the skin manager, or even show failed installs?

Hello Andy,

the plugins read the skin dir /usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/ and display every directory (except . and ..) which it finds. A skin does not have either installed or active flag, that's it. So make sure you have nothing wrong in /usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/.

I've got some ideas on how to improve the skin. Is anybody else interested in the plugin?

I looked and they are all there, even ones that failed and ones I deleted from Skin Manager ?
why would DA keep them even after deleting them from the skin manager, or even show failed installs?

Well, that's a good question. To be honest I've got no idea why that happens. Probably directadmin failed to remove some read-only files and that's why it did not delete the directory. I'm not sure, you could help if you list files in directories of removed or/and failed skins.

Please give a new release a try:

Current version: v.0.3 released on 26.08.2014
+ Multiple languages support was added (currently only English and Russian available)​
+ Additional check for skin was added (skin directory should have files files_admin.conf and files_user.conf, which are a mandatory part of a skin)​
+ Submit button added, onChange action was removed from select element of a form.​

Download link http://files.plugins-da.net/dl/da_skin_selector.tar.gz

regards,
Alex.

Thank You Alex :)
or just update from admin ;)
I like the new features :eek:
and now all I see are the skins that are actually usable ...yeaaaaaaa

now Im going to assume () that if reseller 1 adds a skin, it only available to his clients and the only skins that are available to all are the ones admin adds and assigns to the server?

did some testing
skins installed by the reseller are not available to any of his users unless the reseller assigns it it to that user.
the skin selector seems to only add available skins that the admin as reseller adds and selects 'install serverwide'
those are the ones that any user can select
of course, this may be exactly the way it works and only reads what admin installs.
if this plugin gets to be a community favorite (and Im hoping and thinking it will), a nice addition would be on the selector page to show a screenshot of the skin with a radio box for the selection, of course this would mean that all skins would need to include a screenshot but that wouldnt be hard to do, and if no screenshot available? just a pic of a sad face lol

Last edited:
skins installed by the reseller are not available to any of his users unless the reseller assigns it it to that user.
the skin selector seems to only add available skins that the admin as reseller adds and selects 'install serverwide'

Wow, I haven't ever used skins on reseller level. I'll need to check it. I've got some ideas so I need to test them as well.

if this plugin gets to be a community favorite (and Im hoping and thinking it will), a nice addition would be on the selector page to show a screenshot of the skin with a radio box for the selection, of course this would mean that all skins would need to include a screenshot but that wouldnt be hard to do, and if no screenshot available? just a pic of a sad face lol

I'm going to think it over and see how to implement it the best way.

Helo,

please update the plugin to the latest v.0.5:

• Completely new looking:
    No more selects, and submit buttons, new stylish previews with an ability to click on them to choose a skin.
  • Supports both server's collection and reseller's collection of skins.
    Users are allowed to choose a skin from a server and their reseller collections.
  • Access, Error, Debug logging
    Three log files are at your service to make it easier to work with the plugin.

More skins previews, Admin and Reseller interfaces are coming soon.

screenshot_01.jpg

This Deserves an Award !!
WoW, this is moving fast, Looks great and Im impressed.
separating the server and reseller on different tabs was a nice touch :)

so a question would be, how to organize the preview pictures, I see for now you have an image folder to store them,
not sure how many of the theme designers would cooperate by adding a screenshot at this point, so where or how can we add them and make it easy? (sorry, did I say theme? I meant skin :( )
Im thinking to add your own and if the designers ever start adding screenshots then address that, for now to get those previews uploaded to the image folder.
Not to sound demanding lol,
I Really appreciate this work and others will too

I am assuming at some point you will have the logs easily accessible to view?

PS not real important but Im at 0.5 but the skin selector screen is reporting 0.4 :)
plugin manager shows 0.5

Helo,

please update the plugin to the latest v.0.5:

• Completely new looking:
    No more selects, and submit buttons, new stylish previews with an ability to click on them to choose a skin.
  • Supports both server's collection and reseller's collection of skins.
    Users are allowed to choose a skin from a server and their reseller collections.
  • Access, Error, Debug logging
    Three log files are at your service to make it easier to work with the plugin.

More skins previews, Admin and Reseller interfaces are coming soon.

View attachment 1903

I had some spare time :) I'm glad you like it.

As for now you may move new previews directly into /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/da_skin_selector/images/
They are 200px x 200px (width x height), and with .jpg extension.

As for now to keep them save and untouched during plugin update please name them as: resellername__skinname.jpg they will be shown on reseller's collection tabs.

I'm planning to add an admin/reseller interface to upload previews, read empty logs (admin only?). Anything else admin/reseller should be able to do?

Yes, actually version was 0.4, I applied some quick changes and it's now published as 0.5. Version number will be corrected.

I do like it and really appreciate this great plugin.:eek:
so My question would be, Should this be also added to
3rd Party Software ?
I would think it would get more deserved attention in that forum .:D

Also I was thinking about the tabs, either saying something like Standard Series, or default series (collections) opposed to Server Collection, and maybe for Reseller a different name like Custom Skin Series (collections).(most know the word Theme or Template opposed to 'skin')
for the rational , not wanting the client to know your a Reseller ?? lol

I do have to do some testing to be positive But I think its already set to show only skins provided by a reseller, at that reseller level to their user

Please note, I am not being picky (not trying to be anyway :) ), just adding thoughts and get others to voice their ideas

I tested the skin install at a Reseller Level, added a new skin, was installed correctly but at the user level of that reseller,
the skin doesnt show up under the "Resellers's Collecton :( (not even the default pic or name)
it is listed in the Skin Manager as a choice to use or assign.... with skin owner being that Reseller.

I'm planning to add an admin/reseller interface to upload previews, read empty logs (admin only?). Anything else admin/reseller should be able to do?

Not that I can think of for now :rolleyes:
and maybe just admin get to see the logs and can report to Reseller any problems, not wanting the reseller to see all logs is my thoughts

Last edited:
looking in the home directory of a 'Reseller' I can see the skin folder, permissions are 755, each skin folder is 755, and for matter of fact, all folders and files are at 755.

Andy,

please try to update the plugin and set

Code:
WRITE_LOG_DEBUG="1";
in

/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/da_skin_selector/data/settings.php

then let me know what is in

/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/da_skin_selector/logs/debug_log
/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/da_skin_selector/logs/error_log

well not sure what I did wrong...
I downloaded latest version,changed the setting for debug, repacked it same as was (tar.gz) deleted the other plugin, browse for file and installed, said was installed correctly but when I go to user lever and click 'skin selector' I get this now
Unable to execute your request

Details

That plugin does not exist for the specified User Level
I even tried to update from plugin manager but same error

so I then deleted the plugin again and this time I used the url option and its back to working
I will have Jay go in and modify the settings and send me the log files

Last edited:
Probably you unpacked it in a directory da_skin_selector and repacked it with a directory.

actually I repacked it with only the files, no folder
learned that from making skins installable from the skin manager, by just packing the files and not a folder :)
I'll try again and see what happens

found my mistake :)
I named the archive da_skin_selector5.tar.gz :(
just so I would know which one, I renamed it With Out the '5'
and it installed and working :)
well Im learning things this week lol

here are the error and debug logs :)
well seems the attachment uploader if having difficulty :(
Fri, 29 Aug 2014 17:00:09 +0000] [ERROR] The directory /home/root/skins does not exist
[Fri, 29 Aug 2014 19:21:59 +0000] [ERROR] The directory /home/root/skins does not exist
[Fri, 29 Aug 2014 19:22:40 +0000] [ERROR] The directory /home/root/skins does not exist

[Fri, 29 Aug 2014 17:00:09 +0000] LOG_DEBUG:1 [DEBUG] Going to read directory /usr/local/directadmin/data/skins with server skins
[Fri, 29 Aug 2014 17:00:09 +0000] LOG_DEBUG:1 [DEBUG] The directory /usr/home/root/skins does not exist
[Fri, 29 Aug 2014 17:03:44 +0000] LOG_DEBUG:1 [DEBUG] Going to read directory /usr/local/directadmin/data/skins with server skins
[Fri, 29 Aug 2014 17:03:44 +0000] LOG_DEBUG:1 [DEBUG] The directory /usr/home/admin/skins does not exist
[Fri, 29 Aug 2014 17:03:44 +0000] LOG_DEBUG:1 [DEBUG] Going to read directory /home/admin/skins with reseller skins
[Fri, 29 Aug 2014 19:21:59 +0000] LOG_DEBUG:1 [DEBUG] Going to read directory /usr/local/directadmin/data/skins with server skins
[Fri, 29 Aug 2014 19:21:59 +0000] LOG_DEBUG:1 [DEBUG] The directory /usr/home/root/skins does not exist
[Fri, 29 Aug 2014 19:22:40 +0000] LOG_DEBUG:1 [DEBUG] Going to read directory /usr/local/directadmin/data/skins with server skins
[Fri, 29 Aug 2014 19:22:40 +0000] LOG_DEBUG:1 [DEBUG] The directory /usr/home/root/skins does not exist
[Fri, 29 Aug 2014 19:23:18 +0000] LOG_DEBUG:1 [DEBUG] Going to read directory /usr/local/directadmin/data/skins with server skins
[Fri, 29 Aug 2014 19:23:18 +0000] LOG_DEBUG:1 [DEBUG] The directory /usr/home/admin/skins does not exist
[Fri, 29 Aug 2014 19:23:18 +0000] LOG_DEBUG:1 [DEBUG] Going to read directory /home/admin/skins with reseller skins

Attachments

• debug_log.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 23
Thank you, Andy.

You're using the plugin at user level as admin. That's the issue. It will be fixed in a new release within the following a couple of days. The issue should not affect regular users.

Back