skin choice

I did sign in as a reseller, installed 2 skins, then switch to that user level but the skins were not in the custom tab window
I actually logged in as that reseller and not thru admin to reseller
But I am looking forward to the new release :)
And I like the 'Standard Template' 'Custom Template' tabs :)

correction.. You were right Alex :)
if I sign in as a real user, not as the reseller user I have the skin choices under 'Custom Templates'

It seems I need more time to finish it. I was working on admin area, and there were some issue with file (previews) uploading. Issues are solved as for now already, but still I need time to sort the things and prepare a release. Please be patient to wait for a while. It will be finished this week.

Thank you Alex :)
I cant tell you how much I appreciate all your work in creating this :cool:
I am patient, this project is moving along very quickly as it is.
I did show the plugin to my partner who also is a php programmer and he said it looks very professional and ask if would be a paid plugin :)
this will catch on as soon as the skin world sees the value and hosting places see the potential of offering the client a choice of skins that the user has control of.
I see in the future skins that the user will be able to style to their liking , adding their choice of color, backgrounds and font styles

Hello,

Version 0.7 is now available for testing.

= Admin level added. Admin can do the following:

+ upload previews for serverwide templates/skins
+ set any serverwide skin as hidden (hidden skins are not shown at user level of the plugin)
+ set and change short description of a serverwide skin
+ change plugins settings: hide/unhide standart collections (serverwide skins), hide/unhide private collections (resellers` skins), disable/enable plugin logs
+ see plugins logs

= Reseller level:

! Coming soon...

= User level:

+ fixed bug when a reseller/admin could not see their skin on user level.
+ short description of a serverwide skin available on mouseover (1s delay)

Alex, You are Amazing ! you deserve a Grammy or a Emmy or a Pulitzer Prize, some award for your work, this is truly, absolutely wonderful.:eek:
I never dreamed it would be this intensive , this professional.:cool:
you are definitely a man with many talents
I cant thank you enough and to think you have more goodies on the way .... :)

I would like to show off the Skin Selector / Skin Manager Alex has created, hope you dont mind Alex..., if you do I can remove them.
Remember now there are more features on the way but its, well, take a look for yourself !
I should also mention that the skin selector for the user, the previews are faded until you hover them and they get full color and the skin name appears on the top
first is the User Skin Selector then other two are of the Admin Skin Manager pages, wait till you see this awesome plugin :)
hard to find the words to describe and a picture is worth a 1000 words :)
UserSkinSelector.jpg
SkinSelectorManager.jpg
SkinSelectorManager1.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate it. I'm glad you posted screenshots.

As am I; I've been meaning to look at it but I've been too busy.

Now all i need is a good selection of supported skins to offer my clients :).

Is there a history of good supported skins we can offer without needing to worry about them falling out of support or even worse disappearing?

Jeff

well that is the $64,000.00 question :)
so what do we have? 'darwin' and maybe cpskins?
I like the looks of capri (outservices.net)
after attempting to get my feet wet and ended up falling up to my neck, understand the work that goes into not only creating a skin but keeping it updated :eek:, its a big job.

I looked at them but I not all that thrilled about the looks and I think the pricing is not inline with others, I kind of like one of them but not at that price :), they used to be $50.00/year for a skin and a bunch more for lifetime, I see they are lowering the price some but still not exciting enough to purchase .

Of course Andy that's just your opinion. :)

I understand the cost involved in creating and more importantly maiontaing skins, but without a huge discount for multiple skins I'd be inclined to only pick one rather an a lot, with options for the users to pick the one they like.

Jeff

Version 0.8 released on 22.09.2014

Reseller level added. Reseller can do the following:

• upload previews for private templates/skins
  • set allowed serverwide skins as hidden (hidden skins are not shown at user level of the plugin)
  • set private skins as hidden (hidden skins are not shown at user level of the plugin)
  • set and change short description of a private skin

Please feel free to test it and update us with your findings.

Back