Smartrelay with Exim?

Dixiesys

Verified User
OK just had ANOTHER server blocked by AOL, instead of staying on hold 45 minutes to get the server "whitelisted" (and it likely being blocked AGAIN tomorrow anyway) I'd rather just set Exim to use an external mail relay that all my other servers (running sendmail) use.

So how do I do that? Looking around google the settings I've seen don't work and gives errors on restarting exim so figured I'd ask here.

Hello,

a quick google search returned the "route_list" feature of exim.. I've never used it, but documentation can be found:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.20/doc/html/spec_19.html#SECT19.2

The line you'd add to the router would be something like:

route_list = * new.smtp.server.com;

(I think)

You'd probably be replacing the "lookuphost" with your own router to send all mail to the new server, but again, I'm not too sure of that.

Do you know why you're getting blacklisted? either because of spam or a reverse dns lookup?

John

It shouldn't be reverse DNS the server has a proper rdns same as the other (non blocked) machine.

However I've recieved 0 spam complaints either, but heck AOL won't let you know there's even a problem they just block the damn server (god I hate AOL).

Back