SOA Serial проблем. DNS multi server.

Mitya1987

Verified User
Hi I bought two licenses for my virtual machines to create a multi server. The problem is that when I connect to server b to transfer dns it does not do so. I have used the echo command via ssh to pass the dns this does not work either. I tried placing the dns entries for server b manually. But this starts not matching the SOA Serial #: records when the update command systemctl restart named SOA Serial #: are changed on server b for all records. I did an automatic directadmin installation. In the ip manager I have two ip internal and external. Could this be the reason?

Attachments

• Скриншот 24-09-2021 173430.jpg
    Скриншот 24-09-2021 173430.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 8
The problem is that when I connect to server b to transfer dns it does not do so.
Did you setup the multiserver setup correctly within Directadmin?

Do you have 2 different external ip's and are your licenses registered both to the different ip's?

Did you setup the multiserver setup correctly within Directadmin?

Do you have 2 different external ip's and are your licenses registered both to the different ip's?
Yes, I have two licenses and they are registered to different ip addresses. I think that I need to set the panels manually, since the servers work through internal ip addresses. Then they go to external ip addresses through a router.

Then they go to external ip addresses through a router.
Yes. Normally the DA multiserver setup works that it will connect to the hostname or ip of another DA server, always external ip.
So if your modem would support NAT-Loopback, this would be no issue.

But probably your modem is not supporting NAT-Loopback which prevents it from connecting via the external ip to your other server.

If that is the case you indeed have to find a manual method.

Yes. Normally the DA multiserver setup works that it will connect to the hostname or ip of another DA server, always external ip.

But probably your modem is not supporting NAT-Loopback which prevents it from connecting via the external ip to your other server.

Yes, I have already deleted 2 virtual machines, before purchasing licenses, I experimented with a trial license and I managed to create a multi server, but that time apparently I used the manual method of installing the control panel on the server. If now I manage to do it again, I will unsubscribe about the result!

Okay, I tried creating servers with a public subnet. Also tried to create servers with private subnet working via floating ip. The thing is that when you add dns records to server A, they are not synchronized with server B.

Although domain validation works on both servers. The problem is that even if I add dns record manually on the server B, then when you edit the record on the server A starts changing SOA record it is clearly visible in the screenshot which I left above!

Is there a solution or am I something I do not understand, maybe there is a manual from a third party auto to figure out how to properly configure the multi server. And also the problem is not in Nat network.

Please don't quote full posts. Keeps things more clear when it's just your text. People know what they wrote so you don't have to quote that. :)

The most important thing, when you did the multi server setup. Did you run the synchronisation command on both servers?
echo "action=rewrite&value=named" >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

This should also take care of the SOA record. I have setup this multiple times and never had issues.
It's normal that if you change a record on server A, the SOA record changes, after that, the change should be given to Server B and update SOA record there too.

And also the problem is not in Nat network.
You totally are not using internal ip adresses? Because if you do... check this:

Yes, I followed these sequential steps, and it all did not work exactly. I already mentioned I was able to do this with a trial license, I executed the sync command and all DNS records appeared on server B. But with purchased licenses, this does not work.

The most interesting thing is that it can check domains from the server. But cannot transfer records?

??? That is very odd indeed. Normally trial or final license should make no difference at all. As far as I know (if I'm not mistaken) that's only change by license number, not binaries.

I think in this case, if nothing can be found in named logs and DA logs and all ownership and permissions are good, you might best send in a ticket for this.
I'm very curious now as to what is causing this.

P.s. you also checked the test on the multi server setup page? That give all OK too I guess.

Back