[solved] restore_database_as_admin is disabled, but is mysqldump_routines is enabled

zEitEr

Super Moderator
Hello

DirectAdmin keeps alerting: restore_database_as_admin is disabled, but is mysqldump_routines is enabled. Disabling mysqldump_routines.

Please see the both options are set to zeros: mysqldump_routines=0 and restore_database_as_admin=0

Code:
# /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin c | grep -E 'restore_database_as_admin|mysqldump_routines'
restore_database_as_admin is disabled, but is mysqldump_routines is enabled.  Disabling mysqldump_routines.
mysqldump_routines=0
restore_database_as_admin=0

# grep -E 'restore_database_as_admin|mysqldump_routines' /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf
restore_database_as_admin=0

# grep -E 'restore_database_as_admin|mysqldump_routines' /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/*
grep: /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/blockcracking: Is a directory
grep: /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/configure: Is a directory
grep: /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom: Is a directory
grep: /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mod_hostinglimits-1.0-36: Is a directory
grep: /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql: Is a directory
grep: /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql_backups: Is a directory
grep: /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/patches: Is a directory
#

The error is confusing. Kindly advice.

OK, I see. It seems mysqldump_routines is set to 1 by default. So in order to avoid the warning we need to either set mysqldump_routines=0 with the help of the following command:

Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin set mysqldump_routines 0 restart

or set restore_database_as_admin=1 with the following command:

Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin set restore_database_as_admin 1 restart

That's it.

Hey Alex
I hope you are well.
I had these errors as well. I am confused as to what they really do or allow. Can someone confirm what each one does? I couldn't find any documentation on the entries for directadmin.conf in help.

OK, I see. It seems mysqldump_routines is set to 1 by default. So in order to avoid the warning we need to either set mysqldump_routines=0 with the help of the following command:
I just checked with a newly installed DA server with Centos 8 and on the check both settings are set to 1 by default.
So it seems DA fixed it and set both to 1 as default now.

Back