Some problems incoming email

Sahi

Verified User
Hello,

i have some trouble with incoming emails some some time now and hope somebody can tell me how to solve the problems.
I am running Spamassassin, ESF, Spamblocker and RBL

1- Situation:
Some domain owners on my server are a member of the same organization.
This organization has an office 365 account with Distribution lists wich can be used by mailing from lets say GMail.
There are about 40 people in the list.
My server blocks the mails because a SPF validation error.

So [email protected] sends an email to the DL [email protected] this list distributes to all the adresses in the list exept the ones on my server.

2- Situation
Some systems doesn't send the "Reply-To" header. My server doesn't accept this. (It did accept it when all the spam protection wasn't running. How can i accept this?

Hope i explained right and somebody know how to fix it!

Ruben

Hello Ruben,

For the first situation you need to update SPF records for the domain organizationdomain.com.

For the second situation please provide a full text of an error from a bounced message and/or from exim logs. It's not enough clear on why email gets blocked.

Thanks for the reply.

1- yes i can put in gmail.com as accepted email, but why does my server reject the mail and other servers from other mailadresses does accept the email?
When gmail.com isn't in the SPF then the mail should be rejected by all other domains too? (i suppose all mailservers use SPF these days)

2- I have too look if i can find an error for it!

Back