Some thing very!! strange! please help....

cdedicated

Verified User
i got this email msg from DA:
This is an automated message notifying User mandares that 1.41667% of his/her bandwidth and 101.1% of his/her allocated disk space has been used up.

It is estimated, at the current rate of use, that the account bandwidth will be used up in 765.47 days, at which time the account will be suspended for the remainder of the month.

The User should contact Support if this is an issue.

================================
Automated Message Generated by DirectAdmin

ps: this customer is ok ,he is owner of 1000mb space plan.but by mistake we created him in DA 100mb space plan while we transfered it into DA from cpanel.i have fixed it now.

But any how:
1)Is DA allow the user overload his space and not limite the user from doing it?

I mean if user has 30mb limite ,can he upload 40mb?

2)I got this emails from the server:
"returen email" that he couldn't sent this email to the customer to:
admin@....
but after I took a look on his account i see that he got another email address and no admin@.... one ,how can i change so the server will send the warrning emails to right email address of this customer?

3)I got very long email ,looks from the cpanel which removed from the server:
Subject: Cron <root@sv31> /scripts/upcp

PHP version file is up to date
Cpanel updates are coming from layer2.cpanel.net
findutils passes checksum
net-tools passes checksum
Send Disk Warning
Checking /dev/hda....OK
x - creating lock directory
x - SKIPPING /usr/local/lib/php.ini (file already exists)
Using Mysql4
proftpd is up to date (Sun Nov 30 03:23:58 2003)
bandmin is up to date (Tue Apr 8 17:00:52 2003)
chkservd is up to date (Sun Jul 13 03:30:09 2003)
MySQL-server is up to date (Thu Jan 1 01:59:59 1970)
MySQL-embedded is up to date (Sun Sep 7 22:57:37 2003)
MySQL-client is up to date (Thu Jan 1 01:59:59 1970)
MySQL-devel is up to date (Thu Jan 1 01:59:59 1970)
MySQL-bench is up to date (Sun Sep 7 22:57:37 2003)
MySQL-shared is up to date (Sun Sep 7 22:57:37 2003)
MySQL-shared-compat is up to date (Tue Sep 9 20:01:42 2003)
portsentry is up to date (Wed Jan 30 04:02:40 2002)
Using RPM Backend: RPM version 4.2
Fetching rpm updates list...Done
and its very long..... so more and more in this list.....

4)As welll i got this:
To: [email protected]
Subject: LogWatch for sv31.cdedicated.com

################### LogWatch 4.3.1 (01/13/03) ####################
Processing Initiated: Sun Jan 11 04:02:08 2004
Date Range Processed: yesterday
Detail Level of Output: 0
Logfiles for Host: sv31.cdedicated.com
################################################################

--------------------- Cron Begin ------------------------

**Unmatched Entries**
MAIL (mailed 40 bytes of output but got status 0x0001 )
and this is very long list as well....

5)And this short email:
To: [email protected]
Subject: Cron <root@sv31> run-parts /etc/cron.daily

/etc/cron.daily/00webalizer:

Webalizer V2.01-10 (Linux 2.4.23) English Using logfile STDIN (clf) Creating output in current directory Hostname for reports is 'sv31.cdedicated.com'
History file not found...
No valid records found!
/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:

error: Ignoring samba.rpmnew, because of .rpmnew ending
error: httpd:1 duplicate log entry for /var/log/httpd/access_log
/etc/cron.daily/tripwire-check:

**** Error: Tripwire database for sv31.cdedicated.com not found. ****
**** Run /etc/tripwire/twinstall.sh and/or tripwire --init. ****

thats all ,some ideas? is this ok?
i just sent all this three emails forworded to DA support email for review. but till then maybe some one from the forum able to give me some ideas about it :)

thanks a lot

Last edited:
1) You can specify if the user will get suspended if he goes over the limit, the FTP account won't cut you off since quota's are nightly updated

2) From the user panel choose "statistics / logs", the other one (which is the one you want presumably) is located in the ticket system. <domain>:2222/CMD_TICKET. Note that you have to login as that user for both these e-mail adresses to be changed. Otherwise you're changing your own.

3) That's the logwatch that get's e-mailed. It seems as though you didn't completely remove cpanel because it is still doing cron jobs.

4) You don't have to use !!!!!! that often. Just state your problem and if someone knows the answer he'll probably tell you.

S2S-Robert said:
1) You can specify if the user will get suspended if he goes over the limit, the FTP account won't cut you off since quota's are nightly updated

2) From the user panel choose "statistics / logs", the other one (which is the one you want presumably) is located in the ticket system. <domain>:2222/CMD_TICKET. Note that you have to login as that user for both these e-mail adresses to be changed. Otherwise you're changing your own.

3) That's the logwatch that get's e-mailed. It seems as though you didn't completely remove cpanel because it is still doing cron jobs.

4) You don't have to use !!!!!! that often. Just state your problem and if someone knows the answer he'll probably tell you.

Mate "!!!!" i use it every where. its not some thing against some one. its like hammm reflex of mine while i write things.

Hello,

Most of those errors are because DA is installed over a cpanel server. Many cpanel things are still running in the background (cron jobs etc) which is precisely why we need a clean server to install onto (can't go around cleaning up after other control panels). I've gone onto your system (you emailed us) and cleaned up many of the cron jobs causing those errors.

John

DirectAdmin Support said:
Hello,

Most of those errors are because DA is installed over a cpanel server. Many cpanel things are still running in the background (cron jobs etc) which is precisely why we need a clean server to install onto (can't go around cleaning up after other control panels). I've gone onto your system (you emailed us) and cleaned up many of the cron jobs causing those errors.

John

Yeah !! :)
You are great guys!!

thanks a lot!

I suggest every one on the hosting forums and my friends who got hosting comps to use DA :)

As well i have added some extra info about DA on our main page
www.cdedicated.com :)

Your support and service is the best i ever seen!

Keep your great job!

Last edited:
Back